Panasonic g6 deal

Tiago

Hello, I saw a panasonic on display at a large department store here in Colombia for about 150 dollars, with kit lens, but without battery nor charger. I wanted your opinion on if I should or should not buy it. 

Everything looks ok except that the camera is on display without a lens, just with some plastic and tape over the lens mount. I uncovered it and the sensor has a big fingerprint on it. Given the price, i could still make a very good deal if I bought it and have the sensor cleaned, but i worry about how much the sensor can have been affected because someone put a finger on it... Any advices? Should i risk it or do you think that it can have permanent damage? If you have any experience buying displayed items please share. I was thinking about using it mainly for video interviews.

Thanks in advance from Colombia.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Fingerprint on sensor is a bad sign. The way they put it there with tape over the lens mount is a worse sign... Sensors are delicate. True, maybe you can get it cleaned, but there's definitely a chance of damage.

You could try to talk the price down though.. maybe you'll get it for less and make it worth the risk.

Thanks Julian, I doubt that they lower the price because it's a big department store so the only way would be to talk to the department director or something. I'll have a another look and maybe take a picture to post on forums and ask for advice.