Samsung NX1: Firmware Update Version 1.32

Ak Ns

Samsung NX1 Firmware V1.32 

Here is the complete change log of the new version of the firmware.

• Fixed the problem that is Movie STBY mode turning off automatically, after 1080 60p/30p and Slow Movie(x0.5, x0.25) setting
  • Fixed Left, Right images are recording on each other’s side in 3D video recording with 3D Lens
  • Overall fixed minor bugs
  • Samsung’s official support page for download link.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Exactly. Atleast they're listening. Take Olympus. We've voiced our concern about 30p only with the E-M1 from day one. To this date, they haven't done anything for video except pehaps ironically including the following:

New Movie Effect: "Old Film"

Turn your videos into flickering images with noise, scratches and dust and the like appearing at random, like old movies shot on film.

'You wanted better video? We're giving you worse!', like... Olympus, why don't you just straight up spit in my face already.

I'm still pretty much convinced Olympus and Panasonic had an agreement of some sorts... Only now Panasonic has 4K, Olympus could deliver 24 and 25 fps (E-M5 II). Shame there's no firmware update for the older camera's though. It can't be rocket science to give a camera 24 and 25 fps if it already has 30 fps.

They're not really fixing important stuff or adding new features!

​Yes, unlike Nikon or Sony or Panasonic or Canon... Really? You are complaining about Samsung updates? Not quick enough? Not enough major changes. Amazing. I agree with the notion there are some more things Samsung could do, but that is true in spades for all the other camera manufacturers.

Does anyone else who updated to this firmware now have a problem between what the LCD/EVF shows and actual exposure? My camera now doesn't show the LCD getting lighter or darker when increasing/decreasing iso, aperture, or shutter speed. The meter will move, but that's it. The overexposure zebras do not change as exposure settings do. So the LCD will show a perfectly exposed image and then the resulting picture will be drastically different. The preview button on the front doesn't show the difference either.

However, in video preview mode (right on the nav wheel) it does show a properly representative image on either LCD or EVF with overexposure guides changing as the settings are changed.

I've been shooting mostly video. I have no idea how long it's been like this. 

Does anyone else who updated to this firmware now have a problem between what the LCD/EVF shows and actual exposure? My camera now doesn't show the LCD getting lighter or darker when increasing/decreasing iso, aperture, or shutter speed. The meter will move, but that's it. The overexposure zebras do not change as exposure settings do. So the LCD will show a perfectly exposed image and then the resulting picture will be drastically different. The preview button on the front doesn't show the difference either.

However, in video preview mode (right on the nav wheel) it does show a properly representative image on either LCD or EVF with overexposure guides changing as the settings are changed.

​No, working fine here. I did have the problem you described when I first got the camera though, it got fixed by itself after I reloaded the battery and fiddled with a few switches (don't remember exactly what fixed it). Try taking out the batteries and/or resetting the camera. I love the NX1 and everything, but it does have these kind of glitches on and off: e.g., I had it reset the DR gamma settings when I removed the battery. Hopefully all these will get smoothed out with future firmware updates.

Do you have framing mode enabled?

Do you have framing mode enabled?

​Is the framing mode on when the camera is new? That was the behavior when I first turned on the camera, and that would explain why it could happen after a firmware update. But why with only some cameras (looks like the rest of us didn't have framing mode turn on) and why only certain times? I've had a number of things flip after a battery change, but it doesn't happen all the time.