New GoPro Hero 4 Session announced

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

While the specs on this are a underwhelming, there's still potential (especially for the 2nd gen). Lots of production companies have an arsenal of GoPros available- having a few of these would be nice. If you only have $400 to spend, this probably isn't the best choice. 

With how important a phone or mobile device has become to really getting the most out of Go-Pros, I'm surprised it's taken this long to get a stripped down model.

I think it's pretty cool.

It's nice that it's already in the case and that there looks like multiple mounting points all along it.

Curious to see about the battery life.

Wonder if they'll make a small clip on external battery or something similar to that.

Praising empty risk as anything worthy should be seen as a crime. There are young people out there trying to mimic such silly gimmicks. I was youngster as everyone here and nowadays I have a fair POV over the silliness of my teens.

Aside the lack of 4K as far as I could understand, a last and interesting note in that clip there, though: a word for the female beauty anyway... : D If beauty is life, respect for life is mandatory. That's livin'!

• Super Members

Praising empty risk as anything worthy should be seen as a crime. There are young people out there trying to mimic such silly gimmicks. I was youngster as everyone here and nowadays I have a fair POV over the silliness of my teens.

Aside the lack of 4K as far as I could understand, a last and interesting note in that clip there, though: a word for the female beauty anyway... : D If beauty is life, respect for life is mandatory. That's livin'!

I get so confused when I read this post. It sounds kinda like your against sports but pro objectifying women. But then it becomes some sort of a Zen thing.

I think I might be drunk. I will read it again tomorrow :)

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

No I believe what he means is that there should be a disclaimer, a warning that these are professionally trained people, as it might look like it's advertising, kids buy our camera and go do like and look as cool as these people. I agree. 

Anyway onto the camera: It's a smart move! I promise you, you'll see these absolutely everywhere you'll get sick of it, and they'll be their ever best seller. 

No I believe what he means is that there should be a disclaimer, a warning that these are professionally trained people, as it might look like it's advertising, kids buy our camera and go do like and look as cool as these people. I agree.

​Indeed. Life as same as beauty (whatever this means, the take depends on the viewer for sure : ) should always be celebrated as it is. Precious, a gift. Not for careless advertising campaigns. People must understand their roles in everything we do. Every single number of our existence. Each move. Not putting business in front of values as that's not (part of) our business.

Love for sports can be one of the most healthiest ones; shouldn't take "the" almighty place especially when misplaced with anything synonymous of forbidden, dangerously cool and so on, as so many times it seems to be glorified sorta sacred cow in empty societies like ours; spreading it around, unfortunately, like candies for kids in form of attractive young Ladies (at times *cough cough*) or not.

Joint liability is not only a matter for debts or how to put on the table in order to a claim. It is also a moral thing. In few words, a matter of responsibility.

Glorifying pretty female (but could be male; it always depends on the audiences ; ) models can help how to become viral on Y0utube with more views, the point is nObOdy risks to die in the end 'cause dreamt with a blonde ; )) but...

...there's time for sensible no points and time for them :-)

Reality can be made of fantasy and vice versa, with a major difference, it is a very different one.

- E.

Are pros supposed to hold back in order kids don`t repeat what they did? Even kids should have some common sense. 

there is plenty of teens with eating disorders because of the "pretty blondes". Bones heal way faster than disorders do. 

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Are pros supposed to hold back in order kids don`t repeat what they did? Even kids should have some common sense. 

No, they should just tell kids it's dangerous to do it without the long training they had. It's a world-wide known disclaimer for any dangerous sports' videos or photos or shows. You'd be amazed to know the number of injured and dead children I received in the ER as a result of mimicing acts in shows, TV, comic books, etc. It's terrifying. 

About women in advertising, the filmmaking world is dominated by the male gender, nerdy male gender, this makes the industry a perfect target group for practicing the female approach is advertising for them. I remember Red at NAB making an entire show of women in bikinis that attracted huge crowds, and the countless times females were used under the excuse of testing ''skin tones'', booth babes, it's a reality and exists and I think it's offensive and objectifying. I am not speaking exactly about this ad, I don't think they used that approach here but it's a topic to be discussed. 

Back to GoPro Mini. Bloom is testing it, head over to his blog to see footage and information (he's also testing the RX10II, RX100 IV, C300 II and C100 II so his blog is going to be interesting the next couple of days) 

He finds the design beautiful and simple (makes the GoPro feel outdated he says), but the image is worse than the regular GoPro especially in dynamic range, it clips faster, and it doesn't have 24p, and ProTune is different (worse), there is no exposure compensation or white balance adjustment, in fact there is no control at all and the images break easier due to lower bitrate (25mbps vs 45). 

Seeing the three images side by side (GoPro and GoPro Mini and Sony Action cam) the Sony is the nicest to be honest and the GoPro is next but the new mini just doesn't look good. There's a definitely more ''video'' stamp baked into the image even in ProTune. 

I don`t think that a 12 year old will do thing diferently if someone tells him that he has been practicing for 20 years...I know I didn`t. But the common sense on not throwing yourself off a brigde, well if kids don`t posses that their parents should. I have been doing extreme sports for the most of my life and yes, and yes I have broken bones, sprained just about everything but so did the pros, and so will the future kids...you can`t bubble wrap them. Buy them kneepads and helmets, and hope you raised them right :)

On to the gopro...if the image quality would be up there with 3+ black/4 silver with protune, then sure, why not. I do downhill skateboarding and to be as fast as possible aerodynamics is the key. that is the reason I used contour in the past, but as far as the image quality for editing goes, theres no replacement for the gopro and protune. I had sony, the avchd killed everything for what I used it. I could kinda color corect the sony image, but the crap codec...no detail.

I don`t think that a 12 year old will do thing diferently if someone tells him that he has been practicing for 20 years...I know I didn`t. But the common sense on not throwing yourself off a brigde, well if kids don`t posses that their parents should. I have been doing extreme sports for the most of my life and yes, and yes I have broken bones, sprained just about everything but so did the pros, and so will the future kids...you can`t bubble wrap them. Buy them kneepads and helmets, and hope you raised them right :)

There's at least a shot there (actually, more than one and a way beyond sports as topic) in that ad where the insanity goes further more than only broken bones. Maybe it doesn't shock you once you've done extreme sports as you mention (I also did my crazy stuff with no notion for the dangers then and I can assure you I was raised very very right :D), but I bet a very different approach from people directly or indirectly affected by injuries fed up from such imagerie... as well, a considerable possibility to end in the hands of a tough judge if happens.

Still on extreme/dangerous sports and our current discussion about 'long-trained' professionals, here's some updated food for thought:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?133903-Sad-news

I beg my pardon to those other ones here who allegedly love this kind of risky activities, but I can't be silent when I stare my eyes on the thread's 4-digit stat views ; ) I'm sorry...

Would you rather see the 6 digit stats of kids dying because their retarded parents buy them a 400hp car as a graduation gift?

Belive me that every wingsuit flyer/skydiver/base jumper in the world knows that he will not die of old age.