New Samsung NX500 Firmware Update up to 70Mb/s (HEVC/H.265) now

Emanuel

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

So, I've read that due to the flange distance a c mount lens adapter won't work with the NX mount, but if you get a c mount to m42 and then stack that onto an m42 to NX adapter, how close can you get to infinity? If it's even possible to get slightly under infinity, I realize you would have a vignette issue, but i wonder how much of a center crop you would need to eliminate the vignette on a 12.5mm 1 inch c mount lens?

Someone is selling one for $500 where I am. It is tempting but the crop is so big (tiny) and even though reviews say the video quality compares to the NX1, I just can't imagine how it can be when the NX1 downscales from 6.5K.

Plus you have the 15 minute limit, transcoding hassles, no log and trying to sell it will be very difficult. Nobody wants to buy these cameras, whereas you can sell a GH4 for almost what you paid for it new. Samsung will be back.

Someone is selling one for $500 where I am. It is tempting but the crop is so big (tiny) and even though reviews say the video quality compares to the NX1, I just can't imagine how it can be when the NX1 downscales from 6.5K.

Plus you have the 15 minute limit, transcoding hassles, no log and trying to sell it will be very difficult. Nobody wants to buy these cameras, whereas you can sell a GH4 for almost what you paid for it new. Samsung will be back.

All good points. I actually really like the video quality, at a cheap enough price point the crop doesn't bother me too much.

Of course, I am only interested in it as a 3-400 dollar manufacturer refurb. At that money, even if I shoot one short with it, it was worth it.

I wonder if an upcoming NX mini will have the 2.5k preproduction function. 

Actually, I just read that the NX mini 2 was leaked last month with photos and specs... And supposedly will have 4K on their 1" BM sensor recording in h.264. 

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/13271/samsung-nx-mini-2-4k-little-mouse-/p1

​Is it possible to adapt M4/3 and c-mount lenses to that mount? If so, it could make a nice little companion to my BMPCC for 4K and stills. You could even throw a Speed Booster on it!

​Is it possible to adapt M4/3 and c-mount lenses to that mount? If so, it could make a nice little companion to my BMPCC for 4K and stills. You could even throw a Speed Booster on it!

I found adapters for c-mount and d-mount lenses to the NX-M. I assume you could adapt m43, if they make adapters, but I haven't looked for any because I don't have any m43 lenses. Yeah, I was thinking it could be the poor man's pocket cam.

It seems like once a Samsung camera is leaked with photos, then the announcement happens within a month and the camera is out within two... So it should be out sometime in September.

The specs say it will have 24p 4K, let's hope they don't cripple it by not having manual video controls. 

​That is a totally different mount.

I know, I went off topic and me and Renaissance Man were discussing the new NX-Mini 2 that is soon to be released.

http://www.personal-view.com/talks/discussion/13271/samsung-nx-mini-2-4k-little-mouse-/p1

Earlier I had asked about stacking a c-mount to m42 adapter, then an m42 to an NX adapter to the NX-500, and wondered how close to infinity I could get... is that what you are referring to? 

Sorry about the confusion.