What about the Century WS13?

Bold

I recently got the Century DS-1609 1.33x and love it but I am feeling its limitations.  I really wanted the DS-WS13, but have never seen one for sale.  In the event I find someone selling theirs someday, what is a fair price to pay for one of these?  Are there comparable/better adapters (single focus, zoom through) in its price range?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have one (and sold one, around two years ago). It's almost like the Panasonic LA7200, but with focus adjustments. It would be a double focus system, but its tolerances are so high that is more like a focus through.

The last one I had sold for around $1000 pretty quickly, so, maybe something a little north of that.

Thanks Tito!!!  I can probably scrape together $1000 (or a little north of that).  Seeing that you have lots of experience with anamorphics, are you aware of any adapter that's comparable (and easier to find) in that price range?

Cheers,

|. . | .|

yep.  completely different animal to the smaller unit you have.  3 elements instead of 2.  focus adjustment.  

definitely happier on bigger sensors than the Century DS-1609, still limited, but has amazing flares since the element faces are enormous and its got that panavision style blue coating.

funny thing is, the focus adjustment is handy for close up stuff, but if you set it to 5meters it'll happily get to infinity without the need to adjust both lenses.

With the advent of the gh4 with its tiny sensor I think more people should be looking back at the century lenses - they are great when used on smaller sensors!, and go very wide

• 5 weeks later...

I recently got the Century DS-1609 1.33x and love it but I am feeling its limitations.  I really wanted the DS-WS13, but have never seen one for sale.  In the event I find someone selling theirs someday, what is a fair price to pay for one of these?  Are there comparable/better adapters (single focus, zoom through) in its price range?

Bold, not sure if you're already happy with what you got, but my week's review is about this lens. Check it at

http://www.tferradans.com/blog/?p=7723

:d