Some new Canon XC10 footage

Eduardo Portas

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Oh oh.... I thought the slew of slo-mo was insane after the fs700 launch.... Prepare for an avalanche.

​Until it gets old. Current cameras can do up to 120 fps footage now, but other than the routine test clips people do, it does not appear to be used much.

Behind the scene​s 4k footage shot on the XC10. Doesn't look bad...but doesn't look 4k to me.

​This camera maybe achieves 1080p resolution but fails to deliver 4k completely. Looks like garbage compared to my GH4 shots (or even higher resolution NX1 or BMPC footage)... Still has that cheap HDSLR look, dynamic range doesn't impress me either, but seems to be better than in other examples shown in this thread. 

A GH4 can produce much better footage (sharpness and nr down to -5).

Watched the final movie done with the C300MKII though. Looks fine to me, as detailed as my GH4 but with much better dynamic range. :D

I wonder how many of you saying it to is not proper 4K have shot on RED? It is soft as hell until you tweak in post.

Pin sharpness looks kind of unnatural anyway

Worked with red epic since 2012 a lot of times. But it didn't look like cheap canon DSLR footage... :D

The C300 mk2 footage looks great to me though. But XC10 simply isn't worth its price and easily outperformed by much cheaper cameras!

"Easily outperformed" on paper....

The most important "feature" (at least for some) is the image though. I can trade in some resolution, some slow motion options etc etc for a beautiful image.

That said, the lens is just too slow for the sensor size.... It is a deal breaker. Not sure what they were thinking really.