Some new Canon XC10 footage

Eduardo Portas

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

And not very impressive... but then again, who knows how bad the YouTube degradation really is... but then again, maybe you need to release stuff on there, not so swell if it doesn't look that good then. Macroblocking, very bad highlight control, for being 4K not a whole lot detail. Not sure what to make of that.

Take a look at the older post about the XC10, Mattias Burling posted a link to some footage a few days and it looks amazing. If I had that kinda money to spend, it would be my next camera. 

​Yes, there's  a big difference in quality 

from the material I posted above and the one you mention.

Maybe it's just PP? Shooting with the correct settings? Who knows.

Still, it's an intriguing bet from Canon.

+In my original post I'm referring to Cinema5D, not Planet 5D. Sorry for the mixup+

4k footage looking like beeing shot on a 1080p camera... Ouch.
Absolutely no fine detail BUT lots of sharpening artifacts (not in C-LOG gamma)...

Then: They have absolutely no skills grading the footage. (Not Canon's fault though) :D

looks to me like the wide DR setting actually looks good,  their grade of the LOG footage was horrible. 

​Wide DR is my favorite setting. I use it pretty much exclusively on the C100. From what I understand the XC10 is 10 bit? If so then LOG might be a good choice if graded properly.

Compare it with the RX10II,the XC10 is just a piece of garbage

NO constant aperture,NO power-zoom,NO 0.09s focusing speed,NO PP files,NO Anti-distortion shutter!NO  960-frames FHD!

And canon sell it double the price of a RX10II

It's SO rediculous!!<_<