Panasonic GH4 body or lens kit?

JackHorror

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I find kit lenses to be near worthless. I'd recommend an old 50mm lens and maybe an old manual zoom if you want range. I know autofocus is nice for stills but I get by with manual even for stills unless I'm shooting sports or hummingbirds lol.  The image quality will be much greater and the build quality on those vintage manual lenses tend to be awesome.

More information, son! What do you like to shoot? What's your lens budget? Are you a prime guy or a zoom guy? Is the IS important to you, or do you like to stay on a tripod? The more we know, the better advice we can give.

​Mainly video, lens budget 200-400 €, no zoom, no tripod

• 2 weeks later...

I use the f4.0...(1st Generation 14-140) whenever I need to zoom without a tripod on both my hacked GH2 indoors and my GH4 outdoors...steady with no micro jitters even at the 140 end of the zoom...read about jitters on the f3.5 version but also in the thread I read that it was solved with a FW update...you can pick up the early version for between $350 -400 and it's not too heavy as a walk around lens. Just bought a new NTSC GH4 body from Canada for $1299...