What lenses would you like to see in the future? Design one.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

24-105mm F/2.8 10 IRIS Blade 

Many thought the Sigma 18-35mm 1.8 was impossible, so you never what's possible especially when the market demand it.

Realistically though on Full Frame a 24-105mm combined with a 50mm 1.8 is all I ever need for 95% of my shots. In that rare extreme case you may need something longer or something wider/faster, that's where a 24-105mm 2.8 would be the best lens ever created imo. Using an F/4 lens though on something like a Sony A7s with it's inane iso it already open a new world of possibility regardless. I literally shot F/4 around 20,000 iso and had a lot of great shots, 2.8 on a wide lens would have been even more amazing.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have to agree with Oliver Daniel. Specifically the 18-35, which I believe is nearly the perfect lens. I think we have lenses that are as sharp as they'll ever need to be. Consider Tarantino's Hateful 8 where he and Richardson actually looked for lenses that were NOT so clinically sharp. The Sigma 18-35 is the perfect focal length zoom. Rehousing it as a cinema lens, keeping the t stop to at least T2.6 (which is what it is now), add hard stops on focus and make it a parfocal zoom (I think that's what it's called). I realize the price would at least quadruple, but it would be one of the last lenses I'd ever have to buy.

Additionally, if we're dreaming, I'd love to see cinema housed Sigma Art 11-16, 35-70, and a longer lens, like 125, or 70-200. I wouldn't use those nearly as often as the 18-35, but knowing I could rent or buy would be sweet. 

I have to agree with Oliver Daniel. Specifically the 18-35, which I believe is nearly the perfect lens. I think we have lenses that are as sharp as they'll ever need to be. Consider Tarantino's Hateful 8 where he and Richardson actually looked for lenses that were NOT so clinically sharp. The Sigma 18-35 is the perfect focal length zoom. Rehousing it as a cinema lens, keeping the t stop to at least T2.6 (which is what it is now), add hard stops on focus and make it a parfocal zoom (I think that's what it's called). I realize the price would at least quadruple, but it would be one of the last lenses I'd ever have to buy.

Additionally, if we're dreaming, I'd love to see cinema housed Sigma Art 11-16, 35-70, and a longer lens, like 125, or 70-200. I wouldn't use those nearly as often as the 18-35, but knowing I could rent or buy would be sweet. 

18-35mm is not a perfect lens do to focal length, weight, size.

35mm is not long enough for FF or S35 to get great portrait shots as you still run into a little distortion. You at least need a 50mm reach to get some decent portrait shots and imo a 70mm for a great sweet spot.

Canons best still lenses use for video are still the 24-70mm and 70-200mm

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

I tried the 18-35mm and I never commented on it, as according to everyone else it's gold. 

It's a very bad focal length, for me. Doesn't cover anything. When I want wide, I want wide, a 10-20mm range zoom, and when I want to take a close up, a portrait, I need long, 50mm/85mm. 

18-35mm is neither my wide nor my close up lens, so nothing. I shoot with a close up lens + a wide lens, that's it.

I tried the 18-35mm and I never commented on it, as according to everyone else it's gold. 

It's a very bad focal length, for me. Doesn't cover anything. When I want wide, I want wide, a 10-20mm range zoom, and when I want to take a close up, a portrait, I need long, 50mm/85mm. 

18-35mm is neither my wide nor my close up lens, so nothing. I shoot with a close up lens + a wide lens, that's it.

​Well, to each his own I guess. Nothing wrong with that.

focal Length: 40mm (with close focus at 50cm)

Aperture range: 1.2-16  

Image Circle: FF

Mount: EF

Electronics: AF

Body design: Metalic-pancake with a amazing like the voightlander flowing focus ring

Optical design: Just copy Zeiss OR canon L  sharp all round!

Expected sales: Me you and everyone we know

Personal notes: Because it would embody everything i like from my lenses... the 40mm is semistandard not too wide like 35, or narrow like 50, compact design pancake lightweight, metallic to be sturdy, wide open at 1,2F and sharp like L, made for FF cameras.. 

cheers! 

focal Length: 40mm (with close focus at 50cm)

Aperture range: 1.2-16  

Image Circle: FF

Mount: EF

Electronics: AF

Body design: Metalic-pancake with a amazing like the voightlander flowing focus ring

Optical design: Just copy Zeiss OR canon L  sharp all round!

Expected sales: Me you and everyone we know

Personal notes: Because it would embody everything i like from my lenses... the 40mm is semistandard not too wide like 35, or narrow like 50, compact design pancake lightweight, metallic to be sturdy, wide open at 1,2F and sharp like L, made for FF cameras.. 

cheers! 

​Would KILL for this in Nikon mount. I have a 40mm voightlander that's pretty much how I see. 

Also have to say I would love a low cost 50mm Anamorphic, even if it was f4 I would buy it comes in under a grand.