I had imagined something like this (Instamic tiny audio recorder)

sanveer

Wow. I had imagined something like this, and it is here now. In what I had imagined, it would have been more oval and nore flat, and have multi-mix setup features as well (for multiple person dialogue), have audio monitoring via an audio metre as well as on the phone (only during start and stop on headphones) and the rest on a real time graph, and, maybe longer recording time. I love the size of this though, and the price would be subjective to its sound quality. On the whole it is superb for version 1.0

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/instamic-the-smart-small-gopro-of-microphones#/story

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Good idea, but...yeah...unfortunately not so great for talking head interviews is it?  Can't hide the thing.  If that does't matter to you, then no problem.  Make a version with an input for a high-quality lav mic and I'd certainly be more curious.

I am guessing that they could have made them smaller, but they didn't (maybe), because they would be difficult to use and easy to lose. Plus the built-in battery, memory and blue tooth would have taken up some space (apart from the buttons and lights). 

I realise right now, that due to issues of proximity, this thing would seriously need a good built-in limiter, otherwise due to sudden surges in sound, recordings would peak too much, and become ususable.

• 1 month later...

Good idea, but...yeah...unfortunately not so great for talking head interviews is it?  Can't hide the thing.  If that does't matter to you, then no problem.  Make a version with an input for a high-quality lav mic and I'd certainly be more curious.

I posted a suggestion to them to allow for a Lapel Mic In via a 3.5mm port. I hope they take me up on that one. That should make this mic Legendary. That, and the Upgrades.