TASCAM DR-70D

cjwilliams0013

Hey guys, 

I had a quick question if anyone has had the same issues with the TASCAM DR-70D that I have had. I purchased it to go with my NX1 so I could get better audio quality. I pair it with the Rode NTG4+ and mount it to the top of my camera or a boom pole. I was doing a shoot with the set up last week and my audio files were doing something weird. I would sync the audio up with the video, and it would be fine at the beginning of the clip, but if I scrubbed to the end of the clip the audio was completely out of sync. Does anyone know what would have caused that or if it was a setting I missed?

Thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I really like the set up, right now I am shooting in a very easily controlled enviroment so I am not having too many gain issues. Most times when I am shooting I have the Shotgun mic on a boom stand so its close enough to the talent to get good audio. The rig is also not too heave having both attached to the camera as well. 

How do you like that combo? I have a DR-60D with a NTG-2, but am thinking of doing minor upgrade to the setup you have. The main issue I run into is that I really have to crank the gain to get decent levels out of the Rode.

Ditto, I have the same problem :-/

Not sure what is the best solution to this?

Ditto, I have the same problem :-/

Not sure what is the best solution to this?

​Use a battery instead of the internal phantom power- it helps a bit. Otherwise, you just have to deal with it until you get a better setup going. I hear the NTG-3 has plenty of signal, but of course, I'm interested to hear more about the NTG-4+