What is this digital cinema camera?

Andrew Reid

[quote author=Andrew Reid link=topic=951.msg6952#msg6952 date=1341782777]
[quote author=blindriver link=topic=951.msg6948#msg6948 date=1341781387]
It does look pretty professional, but it indeed seems unlikely that a major manufacturer would give a prototype to EOSHD of all places[/quote]

Why?
[/quote]

Take that as a compliment, your reviews can be pretty brutal. It's only hard to believe that a manufacturer would have the chutzpah to send a prototype to someone who wouldn't be afraid to tear it a new one.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote author=Andrew Reid link=topic=951.msg6953#msg6953 date=1341782822]
[quote author=blindriver link=topic=951.msg6948#msg6948 date=1341781387]The  German digital bolex - a mockup of a few hipsters in Berlin with grand ambitions[/quote]

I'm not German!!
[/quote]

Sorry Andrew, no offense here, I know you aren't.

I am and I have enough friends in Berlin who would have the ambitions & skills to create a very convincing mockup they would gladly loan you. 

But as far as I know no one lives in this city who made 2 billion $ selling sunglasses and now has the funding & manufacturing skills to produce cinema cameras.

Still very excited to see who things turn out tomorrow . . .and yes, great site!

[quote author=miseducation link=topic=951.msg6955#msg6955 date=1341783906]
[quote author=Andrew Reid link=topic=951.msg6952#msg6952 date=1341782777]
[quote author=blindriver link=topic=951.msg6948#msg6948 date=1341781387]
It does look pretty professional, but it indeed seems unlikely that a major manufacturer would give a prototype to EOSHD of all places[/quote]

Why?
[/quote]

Take that as a compliment, your reviews can be pretty brutal. It's only hard to believe that a manufacturer would have the chutzpah to send a prototype to someone who wouldn't be afraid to tear it a new one.
[/quote]

And if I should be wrong and it comes from an established manufacturer (it does look a bit GoPro ...) then I am even more looking forward to your review / first view / samples  tomorrow

[quote author=fabutch link=topic=951.msg6950#msg6950 date=1341782314]
The monitor on top looks like the sony clm-v55...
[/quote] I would say it is a clm-V55, Could it be Sony making an aggressive move? I hope we need as many companies as we can trying to capitalise on Canons lack of foresight. What ever the case this will make waves if it can match the BMCC for features and trump it in sensor size.

• Administrators
[quote author=Junius link=topic=951.msg6946#msg6946 date=1341778592]
We need the Esper!![/quote]

Ha!

For people who can't see the embed thanks to YouTube douchebaggery - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkcU0gwZUdg&feature=player_embedded

• Administrators
[quote author=blindriver link=topic=951.msg6956#msg6956 date=1341784116]
[quote author=Andrew Reid link=topic=951.msg6953#msg6953 date=1341782822]
[quote author=blindriver link=topic=951.msg6948#msg6948 date=1341781387]The  German digital bolex - a mockup of a few hipsters in Berlin with grand ambitions[/quote]

I'm not German!!
[/quote]

Sorry Andrew, no offense here, I know you aren't.

I am and I have enough friends in Berlin who would have the ambitions & skills to create a very convincing mockup they would gladly loan you. 

But as far as I know no one lives in this city who made 2 billion $ selling sunglasses and now has the funding & manufacturing skills to produce cinema cameras.

Still very excited to see who things turn out tomorrow . . .and yes, great site!
[/quote]

No offence at being called a German  :P Don't mention the sunglasses salesman. It gives me nightmares.

[quote author=sicovdplas link=topic=951.msg6966#msg6966 date=1341787764]
It's either Sony (new prosumer NEX as rumored to be released soon) or the KineRaw S16/8 or Something way diffrent.

Design looks more like RED tho.
[/quote]
Not a KineRAW, unless they went with a much smaller form factor. They're rather big and boxy.

[quote author=Junius link=topic=951.msg6968#msg6968 date=1341790150]
I think I've figured it out, but I don't wanna ruin the surprise ;)
[/quote]
Same here, i already know what is.
Hint: is a small body inside, waiting for a Clean hdmi output and a mic input ;)

Can be your nex surprise.

[quote author=Andrew Reid link=topic=951.msg6976#msg6976 date=1341795484]
Notice the air vents sir.
[/quote]
Noted! But unless they built an air-condition unit inside...
OK I'm asking too much.. nevermind I have its 'bigger brother' now anyway

[quote author=christianhubbard link=topic=951.msg6979#msg6979 date=1341797749]I came into this without even an ounce of evidence, But i'm fairly certain it's just a re-housed NEX-5n.[/quote]
What would be the point of doing that? Would it get you additional dynamic range, fewer artifacts, greater bit depth, or higher resolution?