New Metabones Speedbooster for the GH4 - S35 crop size!

nahua

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

YES!!!! This is awesome!

I had the M43/EF Speed Booster on my wishlist for a while, but 0,71x combined with 2,3x crop wasn't worth the premium price for me.

Also for Photography this will be great, bringing the GH4 close fullframe. It would be perfect if it had fast autofocus like the new Kipon (non speedbooster) adapter... looks like there is no AF at all. But IS should work...

Anyway. I want it, badly!

Full product details: http://metabones.com/products/details/MB_SPEF-m43-BM3

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Brian Caldwell is single-handedly revolutionizing the lens making industry. I find this as significant to lens making as Canon using fluorite or diffractive optics or Nikon & Canon inventing optical IS. This is just absolute genius. the tiny sensored GH4 is now a near FF in stills mode and larger than s35 in 4K AND a stop and a half brighter without loss in quality to be mentioned. Wow, just wow. 

Thanks Brian for making us get our needed aesthetic with the excellent m43s cameras.

That sounds very intresting but I don't fully understand the difference: I have 'cheapboosters' for M42, Nikon and FD mount for my Gh4. Ok the crop is 0.72 so this new thing is wider and brighter?! But the gh4 remains 'videoish' as many people complained. So why is the new speedbooster a gamechanger? Why shouldn't I buy a sony a7s (if I could) I rember A Reid pionting out he would never be shoot on crop mode camera again... I never cared for crop or not: never experienced ff or apsc :blink:

Crop factor is NOT the problem with this camera, Dynamic Range, Noise, Iso are......

GH4 is a good aerial/drone camera or a good "cheap" camera shooting 4k for green screen work. I wouldn't use it for anything else shooting anything narrative as the dynamic range and video image lends itself too much to "broadcast" looks that isn't exactly the image I want to capture.

Blackmagic has some amazing cameras coming out this year, until then I'll continue to use the Sony A7s shooting Full Frame....

Crop factor is NOT the problem with this camera, Dynamic Range, Noise, Iso are......

GH4 is a good aerial/drone camera or a good "cheap" camera shooting 4k for green screen work. I wouldn't use it for anything else shooting anything narrative as the dynamic range and video image lends itself too much to "broadcast" looks that isn't exactly the image I want to capture.

Blackmagic has some amazing cameras coming out this year, until then I'll continue to use the Sony A7s shooting Full Frame....

​BM pocket, and Micro Cinema Camera could benefit from this as well.

The Pocket and Micro don't need this, they already have a dedicated, more powerful (.58x) booster, which is optimized for their smaller sensor and thinner sensor stack.

This seems to basically be the BMCC booster, but (I'm assuming) with enough clearance for the GH4's mechanical shutter to be used, and the optics optimized for the thicker filter stack.

Which is great for me, as I'm currently using the BMCC booster and am a little tired of having to be in silent mode and e-shutter all the time, and being (theoretically) restricted to slower lenses due to the filter-stack difference.