SLR magic single focus anamorphic attachment

solo

CGhZB3uUQAA1hBF.jpg

"The SLR MAGIC-RANGEFINDER CINE Adapter is highly recommended for users wanting to have single focus capability on the SLR Magic Anamorphot adapters"

SLR MAGIC-RANGEFINDER CINE Adapter ($599 US) will be available from authorized SLR Magic dealers by end of Q3 2015.

SLR MAGIC-RANGEFINDER CINE
Type: Rangefinder Adapter
Size: 77 mm (Step down rings may be used to adapt to smaller taking
lenses-not included)
Front Filter Thread Size: 82mm
Operating range: 3’6 ft to ∞
Surface Finish: Black anodized
Largest diameter: approx. 97.00mm (approx. 3.82in)
Length: approx. 24.30mm (approx. 0.96in)
Weight: approx. 340g (approx. 11.99oz)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

They've went even further than this and have announced an all-in-one anamorphic prime lens for full frame cameras with adaptable mounts:

http://www.newsshooter.com/2015/06/06/cinegear-2015-slr-magics-rangefinder-and-full-frame-anamorphic-lens-prototype/

Prototype has 70mm focal length. Projected price is gonna be well under 10 grand.

And the new Cine Rangefinder is the most practical single-focus conversion I've seen so far. Compared to the FM module or the Rectilux, it's compact, doesn't require lens modification, and has a big 77mm rear thread so it can fit to practically anything. Also, SLR Magic are advertising its use for auto-focus spherical lenses with fly-by-wire focus systems. Pop this bad boy on, and you have classic cine-style manual focus. Hell, it can apparently work with Nikon lenses to reverse the focus throw direction.

Neat stuff. And reasonably priced.

Rangefinder will work on any lens, anamorphic or spherical. Looks like it's all aboard the morphic single focus bandwagon express! Price sounds good providing the optic quality is there (have doubts, yet would love to be proved wrong)...after all, all that these single focus adapters are - are variable diopters focused by a helicoid, not the Manhattan project like some would want you to believe.

This seems by par the most practical solution though. Rotating front thread is a bummer... But I guess it would be bigger if it didn't rotate. 

​That is a bummer, but at least there's a front filter thread so that you can screw on NDs.

I just hope that they engineer their new prime lens to have a solid front. The prototype looked like they simply put a taking lens, the Anamorphot 2x and the Rangefinder into a single housing. The focus ring is at the very front, which will make it very difficult to use with a mattebox. That's one of the biggest complaints people have about the Lomo roundfronts. Taping on NDs with gaff tape is not fun....

I guess this will work on anamorphic adapters that have a non rotating front element, my elmo rotates when i focus.

You only focus the anamaorphic lens once, you set both the taking lens and the anamorphot to infinity and then focus with this adapter.

This sounds very intresting. Especially for high-quality anamorphics like the Moellers and Kowas (and the likes). At the first moment I was considering to sell one
of my Iscorama but until the optical quality isn't proven I have doubts about it. Otherwise a Moller 16/32 or 8/19 single focus could be one of the best anamorphic out there with their unique character, sharpness and without the need of diopters.

You only focus the anamaorphic lens once, you set both the taking lens and the anamorphot to infinity and then focus with this adapter.

​Yes, i got that, but in an anamorphic with a front element that rotates how do you manage to move this attachment without rotating the anamorphic as well.

For example in this ana....