Sharpness and Res | NX500 vs G7 vs LX100 | Help

M100

NX500:
+ codec ( but how does it really compare to G7? anyone? )
- hdmi output, lenses

G7:
+ lenses, hdmi
- codec

LX7:
+ lens
- hdmi output, no lens change

All cost about the same.

Question: What is the true lens resolution possibility ~ 1000 USD ?

1. Is it true that in m4/3 we can't really use practically more than the lens resolution of LX7 and 12Mpx, because there isn't a enough sharp lens ( > 10Mpx ) to use with G7 ( m4/3 or with adapter ) which costs less then 1000USD? 14-140 is only 6P-MPix ( dxomark ) and 14-42 is 7P-MPix. 

2. Maybe the NX500 has a 28MPx sensor, but is there any lens configuration to use 15,20 or 25 MPx on NX500?

3. Is it true, that when we want to go for a true 25-30Mpx resolution, we have to buy at least D600/700/800 with a good lens?

At last ... what do you think about lens res?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

No such thing as lens absolute resolution. And a tiny 1" size sensor and a 1" lens can be higher resolving that a FF sensor and a FF lens. It's not relevant to sensor size, just the resolving power of the sensor, and the resolving power of the lens. 

M100, first say what your needs are.  

​1. Achieve the highest possible sharpness and image quality, using the camera body <> lens kit
2. Find out if the lens sharpness matters - ie. what criteria to consider when choosing a good lens

1. Is it true that in m4/3 we can't really use practically more than the lens resolution of LX7 and 12Mpx, because there isn't a enough sharp lens ( > 10Mpx ) to use with G7 ( m4/3 or with adapter ) which costs less then 1000USD? 14-140 is only 6P-MPix ( dxomark ) and 14-42 is 7P-MPix. 

2. Maybe the NX500 has a 28MPx sensor, but is there any lens configuration to use 15,20 or 25 MPx on NX500?

3. Is it true, that when we want to go for a true 25-30Mpx resolution, we have to buy at least D600/700/800 with a good lens?

At last ... what do you think about lens res?

​1. Those DXOmark sharpness ratings are heavily related to the camera megapixel count. For example, Nikon's 50mm f1.8 has a 10mpx rating on the Nikon D7000 (16.2 megapixel) and 14mpx on the D7100 (24 megapixels). So don't use them to judge overall lens qualities for a camera system. In fact I've found my Olympus 17mm f1.8 to be sharper wide open than a lot of other glass I've used for other systems.

2. Dunno

3. For 1080p video it doesn't matter so much

Thanks,
I've tried to find tests with specifc lens and camera, but they haven't tested it yet - so I've tried similar sensors like GH4 > GX7.
We're talking about 4K UHD and thats ~8MPx.

Marco, are you talking about the Samsung NX500 kit 16-50?
Looking for Samsung 18-200mm f/3.5-6.3 ED OIS Lens test with NX500.