Kinotehnik LCDVFE viewfinder

bluefonia

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've the passive LCDVF (same company), which is ok but nothing to write home about, but haven't seen/heard much about this EVF.  In contrast, the SmallHD DP4 is super popular, has the same + additional features, comes from a reputable company, and is half the price. I've rented one a few times and its quite nice. Some other options may be one of Zacuto's offerings (Z-finder or the updated Gratical).  Though they aren't EVFs, I'm sure even the new SmallHD 502 or Blackmagic Video Assist will also have VF additions in no time. The BM even doubles as a recorder, which is a nice option.

I am sure the SmallHD DP4 is a fine monitor. I'm looking for a viewfinder, which can be used in bright daylight and sunshine. I too know the passive LCDVF. I would like to get the 502 inclusive the Sidefinder. It is rather expencive though and I might have a chance to get the LCDVF for 20-25% of the Sidefinder's price. So that´s the reason I hope to get some comments from someone who actually have hands on experience with the LCDVFE, - no offence :-).

No offense taken.  If your already sold on the LCDVFE, more power to you. I just thought I'd offer some other options I've either used personally, or heard good things about.  I'd be interested on your thoughts on the unit when you get it.

If it makes any difference to you, the DP4 does have a VF/loupe for use with the panel, same as the LCDVFE. Here's a link: http://store.smallhd.com/new/Accessories-Including-Obsolete/VF4-View-Finder

Well, I`m not quite sold to the LCDVFE yet, honestly I'm still doubting. That´s why some inputs from actual users of the product would be very helpfull, - maybealso from a Zacuto user, as I think the twof are very comparable - at least that is what I've read online. One disadvantage of both might be both products are a bit old by no. In the end I might choose not to eat for some months and buy a Sidefinder. 

By the way, is seems the loupe for the DP4 is not available anymore.