BUG SAMSUNG NX1??

bristo

Hello everybody,

I have experienced a focus peaking/viewfinder problem with my new NX1 and I would like to know if it's a bug of the new firmware 1.3 or if I have to return the camera. (even if I really like this camera).

This happen in one particular configuration and just in this configuration (i use a samsung NX 16-50 S lense for the test with OIS off and the other button of the lens on MF).

while recording video in UHD (3840/2160) 30P in pro quality, if I look into the viewfinder and use the focus peaking the image in the viewfinder is shaky and lag???

If I do the same video (manual focus+ focus peaking) but use the screen everything is fine.

If I switch off the focus peaking everything is fine in the viewfinder.

If I record a video using the viewfinder+ manual focus+ focus peaking in UHD 24P, UHD 25P, HD 120P....everything is fine.

So apparently it is a bug in UHD 30P in manual focus with focus peaking if i use the viewfinder.

Has somebody the same trouble with NX1??

Thanks for your help.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have experimented a little bit more and I think it is a problem with the NX lens 16-50 S (f2-2.8) and the UHD 30P of the NX1.

If I record the video: NTSC, UHD 30P, Pro quality, manual focus (switch on the lens on MF), OIS (switch off on the lens) while looking in the viewfinder during recording the image is shaky and weird when I am at 16mm on the zoom everything is fine however when I use the zoom an I am between 24 mm and 50mm the bug appears!!

Hello everybody,

I have experienced a focus peaking/viewfinder problem with my new NX1 and I would like to know if it's a bug of the new firmware 1.3 or if I have to return the camera. (even if I really like this camera).

This happen in one particular configuration and just in this configuration (i use a samsung NX 16-50 S lense for the test with OIS off and the other button of the lens on MF).

while recording video in UHD (3840/2160) 30P in pro quality, if I look into the viewfinder and use the focus peaking the image in the viewfinder is shaky and lag???

If I do the same video (manual focus+ focus peaking) but use the screen everything is fine.

If I switch off the focus peaking everything is fine in the viewfinder.

If I record a video using the viewfinder+ manual focus+ focus peaking in UHD 24P, UHD 25P, HD 120P....everything is fine.

So apparently it is a bug in UHD 30P in manual focus with focus peaking if i use the viewfinder.

Has somebody the same trouble with NX1??

Thanks for your help.

​I think I've been able to replicate this. The video feed appears skittish, oscillating back and forth on a 45 deg(ish) angle around a central point. I know the NX1 has a dedicated splitter chip, maybe the freq of the vid output with the chip is doing something. The rest of the HUD is stable right?

exactly, did you replicate this with the 16-50S NX lens  or with another lens.

While recording At 16mm in the viewfinder the video looks right but if I zoom a little bit: 20mm or more it is skittish.

So my NX1 and NX 16-50 should be ok, it could be a freq problem with the chip like you said. It should be fixed with a new firmware...

Yes, it is exactly the problem I have in NTSC UHD 30P with my NX1!!

It is ok at 16 mm but getting worse and worse from 20 to 50mm with the 16-50 S.

It just appears while using manual focus and FOCUS PEAKING and Viewfinder. In auto focus mode everything is OK, in manual focus mode with focus peaking off everything is OK, in manual mode with focus peaking on but using the screen of the camera (not the viewfinder) everything is ok.

Si it should be a malfunction between focus peaking and manual focus in NTSC UHD 3OP while using the viewfinder.

OIS doesn't matter it works normally, the skittish image in the viewfinder is a problem of manual focus with focus peaking in NTSC UHD 30P. 

For example I shoot video in Manual focus+peaking+viewfinder+OIS ON in UHD 24P or C4K and everything is fine