Sony A7s vs Samsung NX1 test

Ed_David

password is "test"

crappy half-baked test - but basically shows that nx1 holds it own

both cameras were 4k into odyssey 7q + - nx1 seems to have sharper sensor

this is a crap test I did in 5 minutes, but shows you that I think you'd have no issue getting the same out of the nx1 or better - and better skintone seperation - same blockiness

see if you can go on vimeo to download it

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

password is "test"

crappy half-baked test - but basically shows that nx1 holds it own

both cameras were 4k into odyssey 7q + - nx1 seems to have sharper sensor

this is a crap test I did in 5 minutes, but shows you that I think you'd have no issue getting the same out of the nx1 or better - and better skintone seperation - same blockiness

see if you can go on vimeo to download it

Crappy test indeed........

How can you expect someone to judge off of shaky cam + graded footage........  Furthermore there's no need to test, NX1 and A7s are plenty sharp, the real importance now from cameras is dynamic range + iso/ low light performance.

it showed me nx1 resolved more info and i enjoy the motion cadence and skin graduation more of nx1 over a7s.

all from a 10 sec test. And noise at 400 iso was cleaner or similar on nx1 than a7s. I have big hopes for this camera.

pyGt indeed........

How can you expect someone to judge off of shaky cam + graded footage........  Furthermore there's no need to test, NX1 and A7s are plenty sharp, the real importance now from cameras is dynamic range + iso/ low light performance.

all from a 10 sec test. And noise at 400 iso was cleaner or similar on nx1 than a7s. I have big hopes for this camera.

Lets see you test the noise at anything above 3200 iso , this thread is pointless. I hoped after your Phillip Bloom insane rant you would have hidden under a rock for good, very unfortunate that you're still here.........

@j.f.r., seems like a test for his own purposes that he was just nice enough to share. it showed skin tones, color chart, rolling shutter. I was impressed by both cameras in the video. but, yeah, don't make a purchase on this, great. now please cool it.

Uh oh! John Franklin Rosevelt has come forward with a accusation against the filmmaker of insanity!  

Insanity, my dear community.  Let's shut this thread down immediately before it gets out of hand!  Need to go back to hiding in the wood works!

A member of 34 pluses and 153 posts and One star.  A golden beautiful star.

Gotta check how the camera looks above 3200 ASA because that's what we all test - that's the main way we are shooting - in the dark.  With no light - no ambiant light.  Never once have any of us shot in the daylight or, heaven forbid, shot a scene at night using lights!  

Oh my, okay, on it right away!

Uh oh! John Franklin Rosevelt has come forward with a accusation against the filmmaker of insanity!  

Insanity, my dear community.  Let's shut this thread down immediately before it gets out of hand!  Need to go back to hiding in the wood works!

A member of 34 pluses and 153 posts and One star.  A golden beautiful star.

Gotta check how the camera looks above 3200 ASA because that's what we all test - that's the main way we are shooting - in the dark.  With no light - no ambiant light.  Never once have any of us shot in the daylight or, heaven forbid, shot a scene at night using lights!  

Oh my, okay, on it right away!

​Cellphone footage can look great at 2-400 iso...... My point being is A7s is perfectly clean footage up until about 6400 iso , so you simply can't compare cameras based off of asa as they are rated different. Also how are we supposed to judge colors when you have a color grade on the footage? How are we supposed to judge image resolution when you're shaking the camera around like you're having a panic attack, furthermore did you not notice whatever horrible compression you used that basically rendered the already bad footage even worst.

It looks like your dog got a hold of the camera and was running around with it capturing footage........

Done Here