panasonic g7

jagnje

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Really?? Whoa...  wonder if I from NZ could somehow order it at that price??

Anyway.... back on topic, the G7 is announced now. Camera seems to be region locked (PAL/NTSC) and also has hard set 30min limit in all regions.

Well....  double gosh darn for me :-/ Guess that rules it out as a viable option for me :-( That is two strikes against it already! Not going to consider it as an A cam at all (well, maybe after it drops down to $400ish on sale in a year or two then I might maybe pick it up as an extra C cam for multi camera wedding shoots)

Guess I will have to stump up the extra cash for a GH4 or NX1. 

Or I can just wait and see what the Sony A6100 brings. 

I'm in no rush :-) Can wait, got a BMPCC and others after all :-D

Edit: just noticed they've dropped NFC too from the G7, doesn't exist.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Excrptional quality. This is the sub 1000$ 4K the market's been waiting for (along with nx500 but at almost s16 size and unsupported lens mount), this baby wwill take a SB, All canon lenses with IS, 4K, for 800$. Lovely look too. 

looks nice, nothing spectacular, but I didn`t see any aliasing. I guess this is the next 550d :) I`ll buy it for sure.

I hope it is!! If not another person in the world needs to buy a Canon Rebel ever again for filmmaking then I'll be a happy man! :-P  People's obsession (on less well informed filmmaking forums) with using a new Canon Rebel for filmmaking needs to die.

also it seem that only avchd is region restricted, MP4 is pal/ntsc switchable, from what they say.

​Where did you read that? Would be fantastic if so. But reading B&H specs shows nowhere the option for PAL recording:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1148513-REG/panasonic_dmc_g7hk_lumix_dmc_g7_mirrorless_micro.html/prm/alsVwDtl

Might get one when the price drop. Sony cam (except A7s) tend to overheat before their record limit so that a big no no for me.

30 min limit will have to wait for the actual product I guess? the only info I see about record limit is the 30min limit for 4k photo mode

Is it me or the low light seems better than GH4 from that promo video?  (they actually shoot at night unlike previous promo)

I was literally about to pull the trigger on a 2nd GH4 for a B cam for interviews and weddings. I'm now very tempted to wait for this instead, seems perfect B cam for a GH4. Anyone know (going off the G6) if you can modify the picture profiles, so change the saturation, contrast etc... of neutral/portrait and the like.

Does it have an actual release date yet?

Yeah, I am really temtpted by this camera. I have never owned a 4/3rds camera though, so my questions are all lens based. I know they have a 2X crop factor, but does that 2X hold true for 4K? I use all vintage glass, on an aps-c, the crop factor puts my lenses in decent ranges, with 4/3rds, it changes everything a little, but I guess you get even less edge distortion. Of course speedboosters are always an option. Ugh. Decisions, decisions...