panasonic g7

jagnje

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If this is a GH4 but smaller, without weather sealing, and way cheaper than I'll be very happy :-D

But I fear they'll cripple it in the same way they did with the G6: not PAL/NTSC switchable, no live HDMI, and no headphone jack. 

The G6 was €599. Bit harsh to call it crippled because it didn't have a headphone jack. At least it does have a microphone jack. It was a steal at the time. Awesome 1080p quality for the money.

I hope they keep the introduction price the same, the G7 will be probably the first usable budget 4K camera. No extreme crop like the NX500 or silly 15 fps like the Nikon 1 J5.

I'd expect UHD (no Cinema 4K), I hope it does 24/25/30 fps even if it's not PAL/NTSC switchable.
Of course there are going to be differences with the GH4. If it's cheap like the G6 I wouldn't expect a headphone jack.

I hope the G7 introduction also means the GH4 will get V-LOG soon... Panasonic needs to keep the GH4 tempting for people who only care about the 4K and might otherwise just go with the G7.

I was thinking that the textured finish (of the top plate) looked more like the A7mkII. I'm very excited about this. The G6 has a fantastic 1080p image, only let down by noise.

It has lost the zoom rocker that the G6 had on the top plate (which also doubled as a second "dial"). Clearly at the back right of the top panel there's a bigger, proper dial (with a button in the middle?) But I wonder whether that ridged ring around the shutter button at the front is a second dial? I think I'd prefer 2 dials to dial + rocker.

No view of the side ports yet. The G6 had its mic input on the front of the camera, which has clearly gone from the G7. Hopefully the input has just moved round to the side, rather than gone altogether.