NX1 - hazy footage

tokhee

hello. i've had the NX1 for the past two months. love the camera! 

but for the past couple of days i have noticed that there is a milky haze to the footage. when i'm shooting and looking at the screen, it looks fine, but when i play it back on the camera or on my computer (converted with no tweaking) it looks much less contrasty. my settings are still the same as before - everything is turned off in the camera, manual settings, fixed IOS and aperture, shutter at 50). it happens in 4k, 1080... with Samsung lenses and a Sigma lens with an adaptor. i rest the camera and it still happens. anyone else have the same problem?

thanks!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

thanks for the reply Sekhar. i don't think it's the converter since it does the same thing when i shoot with the Samsung S 16 to 50mm lens. i have a Mac and unfortunately Potplayer seems like it's only for PCs.  

not sure how i can post samples of it since i don't know how i can show what i see on the screen. i tried taking a photo of it from my iPhone, but it looks weird. i grabbed a still from the clip and tweaked the contrast to make one of the images close to what it will look like from the LCD screen.

@fuzzynormal i did not shoot any bright lights. 

i called Samsung and since it's still under their warranty, i will be sending the camera for repair, which i hoped to avoid.

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 10.03.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 10.03.17 PM.png

How does it look in the EVF? I wonder if it's your screen that's showing it wrong...see if your display brightness got changed in the settings. If you did a factory reset, that should have reset that as well though. In any case, I'm not entirely clear on what you're experiencing, but if only the screen is displaying differently, it might be an issue with the screen.

thanks for the reply Sekhar. i don't think it's the converter since it does the same thing when i shoot with the Samsung S 16 to 50mm lens. i have a Mac and unfortunately Potplayer seems like it's only for PCs.  

​He probably wasn't talking about the lens converter but the h.265 --> h.264 converter?

• 3 months later...