Samsung NX1 limited supply

ricardo_sousa11

Hi everyone,

I'm a videographer, most of my work is currently in weddings and such, and will be upgrading to the NX1 in the upcoming month. I was at first inclined to purchasing the GH4, but now realize the NX1 is a much better choice, and the best video camera for the price. Anyway, the problem is, it is currently very hard to find stores that have it in stock in Europe. I live in Portugal, and the camera wasnt even released here yet. I want to avoid using Amazon.co.uk because of the current price ( £1,260.15 - 1,760.31 € Body Only ) but I cant seem to find it elsewhere...

Where do you guys recommend I get the camera ?! Im looking for the cheapest price online, with delivery to Portugal.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Image quality is only part of the equation.  For weddings,  I don't think the difference will be all that noticeable. The work flow however,  will be extremely noticeable.  When doing weddings,  workflow is an extremely important factor.  While more systems will support h265 in future,  support is still very thin and requires a much higher spec computer. Also. The h265 macroblocking concerns me. By the time h265 is widely accepted and easy to deal with,  you will probably be wanting a new camera anyway.  GH4 now,  h265 camera in a few years. 

Yep. I got the NX1 a week back and immediately happened to cover the LA MDA Muscle Walk. Lot of footage, but it was pretty simple/easy to transcode to ProRes on my Windows machine. I used FFmpeg, which was fast (the app was Rocky Mountains, check it out especially if you want to easily do H.265->ProRes on Windows). The nice thing with this workflow is that once you're done with your edit, you can delete all the large ProRes files and archive the H.265 files, which are really small. Besides, even with H.264 you'd want to transcode to something that's more edit friendly anyway, so it isn't that different with H.265.

Image quality is only part of the equation.  For weddings,  I don't think the difference will be all that noticeable. The work flow however,  will be extremely noticeable.  When doing weddings,  workflow is an extremely important factor.  While more systems will support h265 in future,  support is still very thin and requires a much higher spec computer. Also. The h265 macroblocking concerns me. By the time h265 is widely accepted and easy to deal with,  you will probably be wanting a new camera anyway.  GH4 now,  h265 camera in a few years. 

​Years ?! H265 support will probably arrive to most systems this summer.

Its not just about the image quality, the Nx1 seems like a higher quality camera all around, there would be no point in getting the GH4 at this time IMO.

If / when H265 is supported in Premiere — I might stick to my current workflow.  It all depends on how the footage looks, of course. But I've really preferred working with ProRes.  I don't miss working with GH4 H264 files.  Despite the file size and ability to edit immediately after shooting (which, c'mon. How often did I need to turn around my projects in less than 24 hours after shooting it?)

​This is my thinking, currently with my schedual, I only deliver my works in 2 months (max.) so 1 day wont make a difference.

• 1 month later...

​Thank you so much, Im probably getting that pack

Any feedback on the store ?

**Im no expert in german, but it says they only ship to germany I believe..?!

Bringing this back from the dead, I was gettingt the camera at Verkkokauppa but the price raised and I couldnt get it in time.

Anyone knows where's the cheapest pack around ? Body only or some kits, preferably around 1500€ tops. Europe only, and new.

​In The Netherlands it's in stock at all the big stores:

http://tweakers.net/pricewatch/422434/samsung-nx1-body-zwart.html
Green icon means next day delivery - Europe probably will take a bit longer. Cameranu.nl sends everywhere within Europe, UPS €25 1-5 days, UPS Express €45 1 day.

Price is the same everywhere... €1499 body only.

Here are the other kit options:

http://tweakers.net/product/411278/samsung-nx1/