Nikon F to EF Adaptor

almagill

Hey guys, this is my first post but I've been reading the boards for a while now and would just like to say great job!

I've been using a GH4 for a while now, but I'm about to get a C100. I've got a nice collection of Nikon F lenses that I'm hoping to use on the new Canon. I've seen an adaptor from Fotodiox and one from Redrock Micro, plus the other eBay ones, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of these or could recommend one.

I know a lot of people are using old Nikon lenses, so there must be something reliable out there. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I use like the $10 fotodiox, and.. It's not great. Feels a little too tight into the camera and a little wobbly on the lens even though it's impossible to take off, so definitely take your time, but i don't have a better suggestion

I've got a nice collection of Nikon F lenses that I'm hoping to use on the new Canon. I've seen an adaptor from Fotodiox and one from Redrock Micro, plus the other eBay ones, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of these or could recommend one.

​There are lots of Nikon F to Canon EF adapters out there.  I believe that Fotodiox makes two or three versions.

I have the cheapest one ($14?).  It wobbles a little.  If you only have three or four Nikkor lenses, it might be easiest just to get a cheap adapter for each lens and keep the adapters mounted to the lenses, for quick lens changes.  With this plan, you'll also need an EF rear lens cap for each lens.

I use like the $10 fotodiox, and.. It's not great. Feels a little too tight into the camera and a little wobbly on the lens even though it's impossible to take off,

Really?  ​I have never had any trouble removing my cheap Fotodiox adapters from the lenses.

I have to disagree with many posts here. I went with the cheap adapters in the beginning. Mainly because I could not afford a more expensive one. I'm not saying that expensive is always better, but if your adapter doesn't fit or becomes loose in a short time because it is cheaply made you are going to regret it. Mid-shot while you're adjusting your aperture ring your shot is going to be ruined by any play in rotation. I bought a Novoflex a few years ago with my GH3 and would never buy a cheap adapter again. This adapter still works perfectly and fits like a glove. Perhaps others have gotten lucky, but I personally wouldn't chance it. Not sure if there are better options these days, but aside from a Metabones adapter for specific reasons that would be my go-to for sure.

Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys. I've been using the Metabones Nikon to MFT and it is absolutely rock solid and I haven't once removed it from my GH4 - it is like a part of the camera. Unfortunately, I can't find anything similar for Nikon F to EF, perhaps this is to do with the flange distance?

Anyway, I will try a few out and let you know how I get on!

I can't speak for the Nikon F to EF adapters, but the cheap adapters I've got for 'something' to M43 are fine. Got some mainly from Fotga, haven't had a problem. Similar would be: Prost, Pixco, Kiwifotos, Roxsen... I did have to go through some generic no name C-mount adapters before I had a decent one. But if you feel more at ease with spending more, then I'll be the last one to stop ya. ;)

Thanks a lot for all the feedback guys. I've been using the Metabones Nikon to MFT and it is absolutely rock solid and I haven't once removed it from my GH4 - it is like a part of the camera. Unfortunately, I can't find anything similar for Nikon F to EF, perhaps this is to do with the flange distance?

Anyway, I will try a few out and let you know how I get on!

​Also to do with popularity - until recently not many photographers want to adapt F to EF.