James Millers Deluts

Mattias Burling

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

I always thought Philip Bloom's grades looked really wishy washy and these LUTs are the reason.

Just for charity's sake,

He hasn't used them for that long. So unless "always" means "recently" he still has used mostly Filmconvert. 

Also it seems most people commenting about them negatively haven't seen them. If you just go to the page there are more than a couple that are very natural and true to skin tones etc and nothing like instagram. 

I had a few in the video as well that looks almost identical to the original footage with just a mild grade.

But just visit the site if you felt it was to boring and decided to comment after seeing just one.

Again, 

I don't use LUTs. 

I use all kinds of different tools from grading from the ground my self Filmconvert. Including but not exclusively LUTs. 

What is important is what you are trying to say and the mood you are trying to create. Imo deciding before hand that "I want my videos to look... " isn't a good idea. Better to have an open attitude and do what's best for the project. 

Then it's also easier if a producer steps in one day and tells/order you to putt that ever so popular (imo dreadful) brown/gold over you lovely footage that you where looking forward to give your own grade :)

• 2 months later...