Kickstarter fps1000 high speed camera update – options include 4K / Sony A7S-like sensitivity / 4000fps HD!

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

There are some truly remarkable upgrade options for backers of the fps1000 project on Kickstarter, including 4K Super 35mm and also an ultra-sensitive Micro Four Thirds CMOS.

The original fps1000 Platinum with Micro Four Thirds mount which I backed was £899 and is now due to ship next month!

Read the full article

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

It'll probably be a beta/incomplete/frustrating/geek-tinkering scientific camera head. Won't believe it's usable nor will I pay any money until your initial review. I've become very skeptical if specs and kickstarters lately, maybe it's the age :rolleyes:

It'll probably be a beta/incomplete/frustrating/geek-tinkering scientific camera head. Won't believe it's usable nor will I pay any money until your initial review. I've become very skeptical if specs and kickstarters lately, maybe it's the age :rolleyes:

If there was more information on the guy running it.. Perhaps if he was a design engineer from some big firm (or even a smaller firm) with proven skills in building a camera... or even a project manager...  Right now, I am a skeptic..   HOWEVER, if this does come to fruition, that would be AWESOME :-)  but he better hurry.  Who knows.. some big company might eclipse his camera if he take too long; just look at the Bolex...  the bolex came out a year or 2 years TOO late.  If the bolex were sold earlier.. it would have sold a lot more.  Now it's just a footnote in the camera industry..

Well I did because I was interested in backing. 

When you complain about new canon and Panasonic can we don't say negativity, just your point of view (that I agree with in this case). Same thing here, just exposing my point of view on this project.

FPS and spec is amazing, I just have the impression it is more a experimental product than else, and also the footage don't lie and on my side I found the 3 footage videos very very bad. 

Sounds exciting, but

kickstartmart.jpg

​Got a chuckle out of that post silvertone.  The last kickstarter I bought into took two years to get done.  The item was well done and I'm glad I have it, but the wait was......not always fun.  Hopefully Andrew will get the camera from the fps1000 project in the first batch to let us know how it really performs.

The 840fps footage looks lower noise than the 960fps on the FS700, though seems to be some kind of fixed pattern artifacts from binning/scaling? 

63ff8f9c839a6355c9493e1066815395_origina

4K/4000fps options are for a future product? 4.7 micron vs A7S 8.5 micron pixels with similar low light performance?

A nice start and very low price for what it can do.

• 8 months later...