Canon 5D Mark IV "will be 1080p" with Canon LOG

Andrew Reid

If the 5D4 only has (actual) 1080p with 60p I'll will purchase them over the A7II or A7S II. 

​If 4K、high DR、super clean high-ISO and high-framerate shooting never attract u over just colour,why bother to update it to just FHD 60P?

Keep your 5D3 and save your money 

A7S and A7RII for more than just colour,while canon for colour only??

uh, the 5D2 will be able to hold up  for the next 10 years,right?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

​I think Sony colour is great too,u may say it is weired because u cannot do correct colour grading.There are a lot of  videos shooted by A7 series can prove u wrong~ 

And 30min  battery life? ARE U SERIOUS?Did u check ?

Official information from SONY,battery life of the A7RII(1080mAh):

approx. 55 min with LCD screen (CIPA standard)

Official information from Canon,battery life of the 5D3(1800mAh):

approx. 1 hours and 30 min (CIPA standard)

5D3 got much more  quantity of electricity but only last 35min longer ,not to menstion that 5D3(950G) weights more than six batteries(for A7RII)+ an A7RII,and the A7RII now support USB real-time power supply !Poor Canon !

If someone prefer to pay $ 1000 more  just for conon colour,it‘s definitely  a fanboy-act~

Mr. Gelaxstudio, I was stating the "worst case scenario" with exaggerations to make a point. It's foolish thought to decide an unreleased camera is better than everything else - specs don't mean anything until the camera is used extensively by the filmmaker. 

Mr. Gelaxstudio, I was stating the "worst case scenario" with exaggerations to make a point. It's foolish thought to decide an unreleased camera is better than everything else - specs don't mean anything until the camera is used extensively by the filmmaker. 

My A7R could be used more than 1 hour continue shooting,my 5D3 don't

Now  problem can be  solved by using a USB power supply

With well prepare,power won't be a problem,it also take more than one battery to finish your job by using a DSLR,right?

More annoying problem should be overheat issues

Good luck!

​Erm 1080p from Canon sensor (pixel binned) vs 4K from Sony sensor full pixel readout you say will be better in overall quality? Does not compute!!

​Canon have big problem of dealing with overheat issues, the 70D cannot solve overheat problem,and even the new xc10 has to depend on a cooling fan !

The RX10II shoot 4K and 960P FHD without a cooling fan inside,that is a huge difference!

Overheat issue kills all dreams about cheap 4K canon-DSLR 

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Never have I seen one single overheating error/issue in my 5 years of shooting on Canon DSLRs, 550D to MKIII, for thousands of hours, in the middle east, at 50 degrees C. Sony A7s on the hand. in my 1 month encounter, shut off once due to over heating. Neither cameras have an overheating problem in my opinion.

19 hours ago, gelaxstudio said:

​I think Sony colour is great too,u may say it is weired because u cannot do correct colour grading.There are a lot of  videos shooted by A7 series can prove u wrong~ 

Hmm, please do not imply that somebody cannot do correct colour grading when he express his opinion about Sonys Color Science...

- by the way, I find it always funny, when the battle starts about the qualities of different cameras...:) - but immediately I also start with mind-monologs about my own opinion... a kind of stupidity!:)

At the end of the day, it seems very simple: different cameras, different requirements, different tastes, different decisions! - subjective decisions! And that´s ok!:)

About objective facts there is nothing to dispute; resolution, for example - It´s the trend of the time and can be measured absolut precise - in this point some cameras have a significant advantage. The same with sharpness-evaluation (EVF) and so on...

Personally, I´ am just interested in the overall image quality which comes out...
In this context, I´ am always rating the rendering of colors (from lenses and cameras) a bit over sharpness and resolution.

I think, Canon Cameras (also the Nikon and Blackmagic Cameras... and the NX1 too) have a real strength in this point, over the wonderfully Sony Cameras. - ).

Because probably some users react allergic about the skin tones theme - let´s talk about the color rendering of sunlight...
For me the most important question about the capabilities of a camera: Is the camera be able to reproduce a clear and truthful reproduction of the sunlight?!
Here an example from one of the first 5dmk3 ML raw videos:

Sorry, I haven´t seen any similar convincing clips from the A7s till yet...:)

one of my first MLraw 5dmk2 test clips:

Never have I seen one single overheating error/issue in my 5 years of shooting on Canon DSLRs, 550D to MKIII, for thousands of hours, in the middle east, at 50 degrees C. 

​If u Google “overheat + Canon DSLR”~Boom,a million results!

It is so funny that a guy on youtube hit his 70D with a axe just because his 70D was overheat while recording video~

You may have better luck on canon DSLRs,but many others don't~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK9SSu3uZ2

I have never had any heat issues with 5d3 and i am using it 2 years in different conditions recording mostly raw but sometimes h264. Magic lantern has a temperarure meter build in so you can see what's going on, sometimes it goes to the orange field but no stopped recordings so far.

• Super Members

I just googled,

"Canon Camera Overheating" 381 000 hits.

"Sony Camera Overheating" 518 000 hits.

Interesting since Canon is outselling Sony so their involvement in smartphones and such should even out. 

BTW, with the Google problem method I'm pretty sure there is 0 number of cameras to buy. People don't go online to write about non issues. My tip, test the camera or atleast read proper tests and skip the basing purchases on vague info from forums. 

"Canon Camera Overheating" 381 000 hits.

"Sony Camera Overheating" 518 000 hits.

​SONY do make PC-cameras and Smartphone- cameras and  they do overheat sometimes,so u shows wrong results

When google "5D overheat(252,000 hits)"\ "7D overheat(44,800 hits)" \ "600D 550D 650D  overheat (285,000 hits)"or "canon rebel  overheat(311,000 hits)", there are a big number of cases ,far more than all sony ILC cameras  overheat cases,not to mention canon DSLRs are most used cameras in the world.

More weired is canon cameras won't last enough time for u to stop recording,only few seconds after the data overloading sign(it will happen with a enough fast SDcard) or overheat warning  shows,then it shut down automatically! I sold my 550D and 5D2 for this reason.

My NEX5N do overheat once ,but it could last about 10-15min after its overheating warning shows,when it shut down automatically,your data remine just fine ,while the canon's data lost or damageed.,driving me crazy!

Hmm, please do not imply that somebody cannot do correct colour grading when he express his opinion about Sonys Color Science...

Frustrates me too. S-Log is harder to grade than C-Log (or Canon Raw).... S-Log can be graded beautifully, of course, but it is just more labour intensive.

I do not currently own any Canon gear, but if they finally do bring something interesting out, I will change to Canon again, as the colours are just great.

• Super Members

​SONY do make PC-cameras and Smartphone- cameras and  they do overheat sometimes,so u shows wrong results

When google "5D overheat(252,000 hits)"\ "7D overheat(44,800 hits)" \ "600D 550D 650D  overheat (285,000 hits)"or "canon rebel  overheat(311,000 hits)", there are a big number of cases ,far more than all sony ILC cameras  overheat cases,not to mention canon DSLRs are most used cameras in the world.

More weired is canon cameras won't last enough time for u to stop recording,only few seconds after the data overloading sign(it will happen with a enough fast SDcard) or overheat warning  shows,then it shut down automatically! I sold my 550D and 5D2 for this reason.

My NEX5N do overheat once ,but it could last about 10-15min after its overheating warning shows,when it shut down automatically,your data remine just fine ,while the canon's data lost or damageed.,driving me crazy!

You didn't read the entire post. I mention that Sony makes smartphones but also that Canon has sold I don't know exactly but probably tens of millions more cameras than Sony over the years. So that Sony had more hits doesn't mean only that the theory I was responding to was BS but also that there is more likely such problems with Sony.

My point is, don't buy cameras based on bullshit no good rumors and statistics from Google and forums. Read/watch reviews from users or even better, try the camera.