Canon C300 2 video

FilmMan

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I hate to do this but: boring framing, most shots felt lifelessly static, lighting/colour wasn't used effectively to separate foreground from background elements. The epitome of 'video' production. The grading was exceptionally bad, basic, flat: boring.

The C300 II was fantastic though. Super clean with great dynamic range.

I hate to do this but: boring framing, most shots felt lifelessly static, lighting/colour wasn't used effectively to separate foreground from background elements. The epitome of 'video' production. The grading was exceptionally bad, basic, flat: boring.

The C300 II was fantastic though. Super clean with great dynamic range.

I disagree 100% on your negatives , footage looked great, love the "film like grade" and framing looked great. Would love to see some of your work for comparison.....

*Dynamic Range looks INSANE!!!!!!!

Once again a company advertises a 4k camera with a 720p video.  What is the point of 4k again?

As for the film, pretty entertaining.  Sort of a modern TV show feel to it, in both the story and the image.   Not quite as cinema as an alexa but getting there.

One bad artifact I noticed was the red exit sign when they walk into the bar.  Chroma subsampling perhaps?

I disagree 100% on your negatives , footage looked great, love the "film like grade" and framing looked great. Would love to see some of your work for comparison.....

*Dynamic Range looks INSANE!!!!!!!

This does not look film like at all. This video makes it clear that the new c300 still has video look and the dynamic range is clearly exaggerated. The highlight roll off is nasty. Dissapointing. Nowhere near alexa level. Will still be a great corporate and doc camera but for cinematic stuff no.

Now Canon makes a great camera, but a horrible promo video.... 

I literally can't watch it, the acting is terrible. No, I don't make anything better myself, still, I have an opinion :)

​My favorite part was the credits—those pool ball shots were pretty neat :)

This does not look film like at all. This video makes it clear that the new c300 still has video look and the dynamic range is clearly exaggerated. The highlight roll off is nasty. Dissapointing. Nowhere near alexa level. Will still be a great corporate and doc camera but for cinematic stuff no.

​C300 Mark II looks excellent and dynamic range is definitely up there amongst the best, footage looks absolutely beautiful............

Try not to judge Canon too hard on their new C300 Mark ll promo/short film.

But I will. 

Horrible story, horrible actors, horrible composition, horrible lighting, horrible directing..making the cam look bad.

and Horrible 720p upload.

Canon makes great cams, but they haven't a clue to what a good filmmaker is. Not a damn clue.

Embarrassing on so many levels. 

There are different levels of good right? If this was posted into the Screening Room and someone said "Shot on the GH2!" it would be praised to hell. Post it as an advertisement for the C300mk2 (which does aim way higher) and it just comes off slightly 'meh'.

That said, I liked all the outdoor shots! Indoors and the directing / blocking / lighting was slightly amateurish. You can basically see how it's been lit which usually gives me the "cheap" feelings, eventhough it's not really about money, it's about skill in grading / lighting.

Is this like an "official" Canon thing? The promos shot for the original C300 were even worse, they were all, really, really bad.

Gale Tattersall was the DP- he was also the DP for House M.D., and used 5D's on the show: http://www.eoshd.com/2011/02/eoshd-interview-with-house-director-of-photography-gale-tattersall/ . It started a little weak but got better as it went on. As a new camera test/demo it's fine; perhaps had a low budget and had to be rushed for NAB. The C300.2 will get used for lots of Netflix level work, and the production, acting, etc., was better than a lot of content on Netflix.

Reverie looked amazing and had cool music, but no dialog: a music video (much easier than a narrative). Hard to find a 1080p version of it: https://vimeo.com/7151244 , http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/galleries/galleries/sample_videos/reverie.shtml .