Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 12 now available for download

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Seems like it has pretty much all I need in an NLE. Probably I could stop using Premiere Pro and just go with the free version of Davinci Resolve Lite!

Multicam editing feature looks really cool - sync by sound. You get to see all the video thumbnails and can cut realtime.

Shot matching also looks great...

Multicam editing feature looks really cool - sync by sound. You get to see all the video thumbnails and can cut realtime.

​Not trying to turn this into an FCPX conversion thread, but FCPX has been doing this flawlessly for a while now. 

Still, very cool that Resolve is implementing a lot of these high level features. More competition in the market is good for us users.

I'm still on CS5, but trying to divorce myself from Adobe and I've been on the fence about FCPX while learning Resolve 11. Pretty much all of my shooting/editing is ENG style. The mulitcam and audio improvements may make it possible for me to dump Adobe for good. Sound is the weak spot for me in 11. I'm not a digital artist so Capture One is replacing LR and PS. The creative cloud can suck it.

Great job Blackmagic. Now build a 4k pocket and take more of my money.

EDIT: just saw this on the R12 press release: The update to DaVinci Resolve 12 will be available in July for download from the Blackmagic Design website free of charge for all current DaVinci Resolve customers.

How in the hell does one company do all of this each year. I am so impressed. I am racking my brain trying to figure out why I still need Premiere. I use After Effects, a bunch, so there's that. I may just downgrade to CS6. Fusion may pick up right where After Effects leaves off. At this pace, Blackmagic is going to be on every product I use within a year or two. So impressed. 

• 4 months later...