There is a new 4K Panasonic camera coming at NAB

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, it sure is not generating the buzz they hoped it would.

100's of replies in the BlackMagic topics, nobody seems to care about this little fellow.

Can't find much info on it anyway, no spec sheet or full press release. It DOES have a Micro Four Thirds sensor. Makes you wonder why the lens is fixed...

Sexy though!!

panasonic-dvx200-4k-camera.thumb.jpg.bf9

​Very cool and sexy looking! B)

This is actually something that would make me excited for camcorders. Not a that silly little sensor, and ok, perhaps not interchangeable lenses, but hey, some nice Leica glass, but most of all: built-in everything! Forget building up your own systems with all different parts. Built-in NDs, XLR input, handle, shockmount, viewfinder, is that a monitor stowed in the T-section of the handle there? Batteries, memory, go! N'espresso, what else?

I mean, I like rigging up a GH4 or BMPCC as much as decorating my house for Christmas... but in all actually all it would take is Mariah's one song to bring me into mood instantly already. 13x zoom sounds pretty decent in terms of flexibility. Must be good for specific uses, personally I still think I'd shy away from this type of camera though. I'd either use something as minimal but flexible as the FZ1000 or go rig a camera with lenses and accessories of my choice.

• Administrators

Well, it sure is not generating the buzz they hoped it would.

100's of replies in the BlackMagic topics, nobody seems to care about this little fellow.

Can't find much info on it anyway, no spec sheet or full press release. It DOES have a Micro Four Thirds sensor. Makes you wonder why the lens is fixed...

​This is 99% the way there, but Panasonic have made a very serious mistake.

Should be interchangeable lens and Super 35mm.

The market for anything smaller chip wise, with fixed lens, is a lot smaller and I don't think it will sell like the original DVX100 did.

Panasonic are also crazy to give up on the AF line. AF100 was great. They just needed to update it, make it competitive with C300. Why didn't they?

Varicam 35 is amazing but a totally different market and price point to C300.

I've learned to tolerate rigging up consumer cameras; mostly fretting around the audio side of things.  It works for me after a fashion, but sometimes you just need to shoot fast and easy.  Cameras like this are coveted for those reasons.  When you're not striving for some sort of cinematic DOF and doing corporate, this type of gear is ideal...still, all they had to do would be to allow a mount.  I think people would be freaking out (in a good way) right about now.

I much, much prefer interchangable lenses for max creativity but I do think this camera seems to be absolutely superb if you are documentary/corporate/news - it's got all the bells and whistles, plus you can work faster with a fixed lens. It's a great camera. 

I think the missing trick here is that they should of provided 2 models, one with an MFT mount and the other fixed. I wouldn't buy the fixed one but I think lots of people who do that kind of work will.