There is a new 4K Panasonic camera coming at NAB

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is too awesome. I love my GH4 - the only thing I'm not happy with is the stabilization (I'm still trying to figure out the Nebula 4000), but aside from that... it would be great if there was no further crop in 4K mode... and if they offered slo-mo in 4K :)

Mere speculation, but a MFT camera with 10-bit 4:2:2 internal recording (and the possibility of external RAW), LOG, decent low light performance, great dynamic range, and proper audio inputs for significantly less than the C300 Mark II or FS7 could certainly disrupt the industry.  If the rumored GH4 firmware update is true, it's already got a lot of those features so I don't think these would be unrealistic specs.  

I loved the AF-100. Yes it had flaws but it also had what I needed to do my job without a bunch of add-ons. When Panasonic basically dropped it I was bummed. I sure would like to see a new model however it looks more like a fixed lens model. Either way if they use a MFT 4K sensor and it can be usable at 1600 ISO i'm very interested.

I'd love the idea of both an AF-200 and a GH4x: Both with the same image quality & firmware features, but the AF200 in a large body with all the requisite outputs, ND filters buttons & knobs and XLR inputs, and the GH4x with the same body as the GH4 but the same image quality for those of us that need small camera bodies.

I hate rumors, if it's that big a deal of an update, why not say something concrete, something official from panasonic.

V-log doesn't cut it for me, gh4 has such a shitty sensor that i doubt any flat profile could help improve the image, with high DR set in camera you get the most out the sensor already.

I did some testing with jpeg's in bursts on a slider, difference from 4k was almost unnoticeable, of course i had more crop but i didn't get more DR or lower noise.

What i am hoping for is RAW, 10 bit would be amazing.

I’m dreaming of the new Panasonic AF400 camcorder

with 4k organic CMOS image sensor

with 16 stops DR

with ISO performance up to 12.800

with low light performance only showing “one grain of salt" . . . noise

with interchangeable mft mount  

with price tag 4k$

If your dreams don’t scare you, they’re not big enough

Well, if Sony really did create a sensor that can capture 2K at 16,000 fps and 6k at 240 fps then I'm there is something revolutionary waiting for us.  21 stops of dynamic range?  a base iso of 5120? 

I'm loving eoshd btw.  

​with a base ISo of 5120 we would walk around with some thick ND filters, indoors we would be like, turn the god damn lights off, too much light!