Canon C700x: New information

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Just got this information from a pretty reliable friend, he would never lie or fabricate to me but again he might have been lied-to, I highly rate its reliability but nothing 100%, lets say 80-90ish%

wif2WNV.jpg
zj3F98s.jpg
R9sca3g.jpg
3DRF6mx.jpg
oPUmiaV.jpg
9bfReoK.jpg
2qXCYIJ.jpg
Jn5a9yK.jpg
jr16Uh3.jpg
69LOxi3.jpg
fOtGvPi.jpg
A3l26px.jpg
um7CM5u.jpg
X8S0cki.jpg
dOciyx8.jpg
xrckNkH.jpg

Anyhow the supposedly C700x specs are:

-Top of the Cinema line: alexa/Red yet in Small C300-like form factor

-New sensor (size in-between aps-h and FF), with 4096x2160 resolution, Global shutter, 15 stops of DR, with still high lowlight performance as previously or better

-New recording compartment (removable and connect to body with a thunderbolt input) that can take 3 New Canon Drives media (1, 2, and 3 TB available) or 3 CFs. 

-10-12-14bit uncompressed raw, Mpeg 8-10-12-14, 4:4:4 bit compressed (800mbps to 50mbps) in any container (mov, mp4, xml) basically ALL compression codecs options available from 8bit 422 to 14bit 444 raw internally to the 3 new drives which can be configured to 3x3TB=6TBs (and externally too)

-4K 60P, 2K 120P, 720p 150p, SD 600p

-Body is longer in bottom to accommodate the recorder unit and 4 XLRs at bottom instead of top handle (now saved for just the LCD), body is a beefed up C300 in general.

-Weird emphasis on metadata with tons of specs

-Emphasis on skin colour in lowlight situations (We see faces in the dark)

-EF Cinema primes cover the sensor, and all Canon EF photographic lenses (so will be available in EF as well as PL). New EF-X ciinema zooms and EF-x cinema primes coming also with a weird emphasis on metadata

-One small internal battery pack lasts 4 hours with maximum features enabled

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Just got this information from a pretty reliable friend, he would never lie or fabricate to me but again he might have been lied-to, I highly rate its reliability but nothing 100%, lets say 80-90ish%

​Is more like 0.8-0.9% chance....  

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

My heart would sink if it's not true, this raises expectation too high. 

It's just hard for me to believe someone would make such detailed fabrication for no reason at all, not financial or personal. Look at the body modification and minor changes in length, size, compartment placement, inputs/outputs covers, that weirdly extensive metadata analysis, Canon Hard drives, I mean fabricating a small photo that came up at first, okay just fun, writing a press release, okay fun, but this, I mean I just can't imagine why would someone go into SO much trouble!

• Administrators

It's NOT REAL guys!!

Do you really think Canon would put out such low-grade looking crap?

And the camera body is obviously Photoshopped. Look at how the body around the X at the front has been stretched downwards to make it larger. Look how the perspective is warped on the antenna connector at the back and the C700 logo looks like it was done in Photoshop... by a child... off his head on vodka!!