Samsung nx1 Price Drop

Raymond Poulet

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Appears to be a permanent price reduction too, not a one off sale. If this means second hand prices of the NX1 drop under $1k or NX1-LX is coming at NAB, I'll be happy with either to happen!

Just got my NX300 and Samsung 30mm f/2 pancake lens, looking forward to dabbling with this to see if I want to jump to the NX system :-)

I think it'd be too early to get a new nx1 model, but everything is possible with samsung. I'm just happy that I found a nice price on nx1 two months ago, similar to the present one. Otherwise I'd be so upset, now.

I hope it's a new NX1 model.  Samsung has all the tools to kick butt in the dslr field.  The main dslr companies have been dragging their feet for too long.  Canon and Sony has their "higher end cinema" camera's to protect.  Nikon is lost in the woods and seems more focused on photography than video (yes, their video capabilities have increased, but no one really takes their video that seriously)... and besides Nikon is dependent on Sony sensors. 

Samsung has none of these restraints.  Samsung has a huge research budget.  They also have $$$... not to mention, as a big company, they need to constantly move into new markets.  If Samsung wants to (and I hope they do), they can build a new camera model every year incorporating the latest technology and seeing what become "hits".

In other words, please, please let there be a NX1-LX coming up very soon :-)  Let Samsung kick some Japanese camera manufacturer's butt for jerking around the public. 

I bought it for 1500€ two months ago but i'm not upset, it's the tech market.
But i bought it for video, so i will be upset if they plan to release a NX1-LX with better video features after they said they listen their customers about frequent firmware update. Most people can't spend 1600$ in a new body every six months.

I wonder if they'll debut any new lenses? I love my 16-50 S, but I backpack and the camera+lens can get pretty heavy at altitude. I'd love a lighter, wide prime from samsung but it looks like they're missing a manual focus toggle as well as OIS.

Also, not sure if it's hardware or software but every so often the camera has a fit and continuously says "lens disconnected" then "lens connected". Other than that, I love the thing and it was worth the higher price I paid.

I wonder if they'll debut any new lenses? I love my 16-50 S, but I backpack and the camera+lens can get pretty heavy at altitude. I'd love a lighter, wide prime from samsung but it looks like they're missing a manual focus toggle as well as OIS.

Also, not sure if it's hardware or software but every so often the camera has a fit and continuously says "lens disconnected" then "lens connected". Other than that, I love the thing and it was worth the higher price I paid.

​The 16/2.4 is a good light/small/wide prime and its very affordable, but as you say it lacks the controls of the larger lens. It does have the ifunction button though.

Samsung claims in a Dpreview interview to have a staff of 100 developing lenses (don't know how that compares to others though) and more lenses are a top priority - so more are coming.  Would be nice to see a Fuji-style roadmap at some point.

Sales must have gone down as they were thinking about lowering price in January from per-orders. Perhaps the good reception in the video market has boosted sales until the much smaller video centric market dried up a bit and leaving them no choice than to decrease the price to try and maintain sales. http://www.slrlounge.com/samsung-nx1-pre-orders-disappoint-price-drop-coming-january-rumor/

I bought one used as well for the about $1300. I welcome the price drop and new or replacement version. The NX1 for $1000 used will be an amazing value if price drops to that point.  I have been buying Samsung lens so I will be ready for another NX camera body at a lower price after NAB.

There is lot's of ways they can improve the NX - some by software - hey please allow us to leave focus peaking on the whole time.  As well as all things people are hoping for in regards to DR, high ISO noise, Auto focus improvements. That said I am loving the image I get out the NX1 in natural light.  It is does a great job of making a finished looking image IMHO.

Does focus peaking still disappear when you hit record?? :-/
(I've noticed that on my NX300, but I thought that had been fixed on the NX1)

​Doesn't dissapear, but you need to activate it every time you record with 3rd party lenses.

It's extremely hard to find the nx1in Europe. Germany, Amazon Germany and several small shops haw it in Austria but non of the bigger shops like Mediamarkt In Austria. Austria is interesting for me, cause I'm from a small neighbouring country and would buy it there.  Perferably in Mediamarkt but they don't have it at the moment. 

I'm a long time reader (for years) but the nx1 got mi to post. 

The other day i talked to a B2B supplier for Samsung in my Country and i got the info that Samsung will stop supplying all Digital cameras in the region of Slovenia and Ex Yugoslavia. High end and low end.
Strange if you ask me if they want to make a push in the SLR market. But it Seems that the market here is just not interesting enough.

If the sales numbers are bad in Europe i dont wonder when you can't buy the camera you can't sell it.