How is this spinning camera trick achieved?

tosvus

Hi, this performance seems to have a couple of tricks involved. I almost suspect the first part of the trick is that the performer is standing on a piece of the floor that rotates, but at the latter part of the spinning, only the camera seems to move around. Is this some kind of elaborate crane, wire etc? It would be cool if someone has seen a set up like this and can explain or show pictures/vdeo of it..

Any info would be greatly appreciated! :)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's funny, without all of the glitter and camera moves it's just a girl singing stationary on the stage. Pretty boring to watch live I would assume.

it's even worse than that. She has to turn around to follow the camera so at times she has her back to the audience. I guess the priority is the tv audience. :)

it's even worse than that. She has to turn around to follow the camera so at times she has her back to the audience. I guess the priority is the tv audience. :)

If you look closely at the BTS video around the 44 second mark, you can see that she's performing for a bunch of cardboard cut outs in an empty arena. I guess the priority really is the tv audience.

If you look closely at the BTS video around the 44 second mark, you can see that she's performing for a bunch of cardboard cut outs in an empty arena. I guess the priority really is the tv audience.

​Haha, good catch! :)

Wonder though if they are there for the rehearsal for some purpose, but could definitely be what you say - that the performance is taped that way as well.

Anyway, pretty neat to see this rehearsal video - it really gives a good glimpse into how it's done :)

This is a rehersal of the norwegian entry in Europe's biggest song competition (ESC) where every country once a year submit a contestant to represent their country. Last years winner host the following year. The show is seen live on tv throughout europe by approx 600 million people and is one of the biggest tv-shows here. Audience watching the show live in the hall is about 20 000 people. After every country's had their go, each country vote and submit their countrys points and its all added up to decleare the winner. In 1974 Abba won with Waterloo so this contest have rocketed some carriers. My country Norway has won a couple of times and in putting the show on takes a lot of combined efforts. Your observations regarding tv vs audience is true btw. Its all done for tv, however, being there is quite fin and spectacular. Especially for us interested in the technique and such. Its a massive machinery.