Your realistic hopes for NAB?

Jimmy

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Blackmagic with super 35mm size sensor, in same case (I'm keeping it realistic here... I would love a BM with a C100 style body), with same 13 stops DR and filmic look as the 2,5k cine cam, but with better low light performance than the production cam. And some type of battery solution built in (if cheap LED lights can have it, sure BM can do it)... and 2,5K as a RAW recording option would be cool and make a lot of sense.

AF100 / FS100 successor is the big thing I'm looking for here. 

Something with XLR + dual recording to SD cards + NDs is what I want. With at minimum GH4 quality image. Preferable in a form factor no bigger than a C100 (as I found the old AF100 / C100 to be a tad too big).

Perhaps samsung will finally release a new fw for nx1 achieving similar features as the half priced nx500? They seem to have forgotten they have a flagship product to continuously develop (as they stated at launch...).

We collected a lot of suggestions for new fw, but since then...nothing.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

-I hope Panasonic brings an AF100 successor or Sony brings an FS100 successor, with better specs than Canons C100. 4K, 10bit codec, SDI, EVF, pro body. It's a very realistic product that might come out, my wish that might not be so realistic is they use a different sensor than GH4, something bigger and optimized for video at 8megapixels. Probably using the GH4 is a very cheap way to go though and people like it. 

-I'd like to see Canon starting to ''innovate'' again and come out of their coma. It seems this will actually happen. By that I mean I hope we just don't see logical mk II updates, I want to see Canon making new impressive bodies, grabing headlines, exploring new markets, and going to war at the FS7 bracket with a camera while also going to war with the alexa bracket with something completely new and disruptive. In short, I want to be surprised again by Canon. 

-I would like to see an expansion of the three axis gimals to the very low end budget market. This will probably be coming from various manufacturers. 

-Will Sony have any surprises? not likely, I don't expect them to show anything new and just showcase their existing technology. If they want my money, they would recreate the A7s successor to include internal 4K and the A7II image stabilization. 

-We will see a big firmware upgrade for the Panasonic GH4, if it's as big as I've heard I'd probably be getting mine back. I only reaso I gave it up because of the image aesthetic, meaning colour science and DR and sensor size, the later will be fixed with a SB and the former could be fixed bt V-LOG and Raw ability to get rid of the video-ish look and completely take over. This would bring it back to the top of the game. 

-I'd like to see an expansion of the Sigma ART line of lenses, maybe optimize versions for cinema use 

-Blackmagic, I'd like to see an updated BMCC 2.5K or Pocket with no changes other than fixing battery life and lowlight performance (this part was something I want not something I expect, what's really going to happen is BM release some headline grabbing monster with an alien design like a pocket 4k global shutter and 16bit raw to micro SDs and a 12k medium format ursa but both will still need a bag (probably two) of batteries and max out at 25ISO or something) 

Hey !!!

- From Blackmagic design i'd like to see a BMCC updated in the low light capability. Not necessarily global shutter... If the speedrate could jump to at least 60 fps it would be a true killer i could buy.

- From Sony i'd like to see a Alpha 7s mark II... with a bit better dynamic range and that's all...

- From Canon, i'd expect... nothing at all... when i see what's going on with the strange XC10 and after that the gap between the C300 mark II... I truly understand they make choices to split their products... but really i'm ok with Andrew Reid... they don't listen to the markets of different customers... Nonetheless that c300 mark II is a beast i'd like to own for myself... but it is more reserved for renting...

Come on, i expect a 5D IV... shy body maybe, proposing soft 4K with poor DR and h264 4:2:0 codec ? Not convinced anymore but why not a big surprise ?

I'm pretty sure Black Magic will unveil a 4k pocket camera, using the sensor they currently use in their 4k '16mm sensor'd ipad with a lens' camera.  I've dug high and low for a camera head using this sensor with no luck meaning it may be exclusive to them - and thus they'll probably make use of it in a more widespread product.  

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Yup Rich I've been suspecting they put the 4k s16 sensor in the broadcast camera in a pocket camera successor, but when I dug a bit, I found it had horrible aliasing and terrible noise performance. I hope they find a better solution for a 4k pocket.