Not April's: Canon major price slash: C100 OG 2999$, C300 6999$, 500$ off all Canon Cinema Primes

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

C100 mk I now at 2999$ (5D price)
C300 now at 6999$ (lower than fs7, 1dc, and pretty equivalent to c100 mk II)
All cinema primes had a 500$ slash, when buying 6 primes kit, the slash doubles from 3000$ to 6000$ off.

Look at that c100, are they selling this at a loss now to clean inventory? What matters is, DSLR/mirrorless folks can get the full fledged camcorder for 2999$. Tempting entry to pro-camcorder arena!

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?335289-C100-gets-1000-more-instant-savings-now-2999
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?335288-EOS-C300-HUGE-price-drop-new-low-monthly-payment-amp-0-options
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?335291-Big-Savings-on-Canon-Cinema-Primes-Up-to-6000-off-kit-prices

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

Straight 5000$ on the C300, I mean OUCH for the small owner/operator, especially since they'll all upgrade their system soon to 4K. Before today they had 7000-8000$ saved in the C300 resale value for the coming upgrade, now they have 4000& or so. It's just too hurtful when it comes at upgrade time. For non-small owners, their C300s have probably made tens of times it's value though. 

It's the digital age anyway...

the nature of the beast.... I lost a chunk of change selling my FS700 + O7Q, but I am basically gambling on the fact that I will still be able to get a better camera with the money I made from the sale. That's without taking into account the money I have already made with the camera.

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

what would be the c100 used price now?

disturbing!

​The thing is, I don't think anyone is going to be selling them from now on. Most people bought the C100 for around 5500$, so when the resale value sinks SO low to 1500$ish, they'll just keep them. It's just not worth selling now. There will be a few ones though who do need the 1500$, so with good, patient hunting, one could potentially get a killer deal, just not easy and I expect very very small quantities on sale from now on.

I think I am just going to get a new one... My business sorely needed a larger camcorder and the C100 at 2999$ & FS100 at 2499$ are both high candidates for me now...

I wonder why there is such a big drop in Canon equipment right before NAB.  Perhaps Canon knows something that we don't.  Another "Jesus camera" from panasonic or samsung.  I doubt its because Canon wants to move stock because they have newer and better tech coming out in NAB.  If they did have better tech coming in NAB, they would have slowly discounted their equipment a lot earlier.  They would have been methodical.  This price drop seems abrupt and unplanned....