A7s Color Not That Bad

docmoore

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Agree with Andrew. I have had no problems with skin tones on the A7s. In fact, I'm finding the footage incredibly beautiful and easy to work with.  WAY better than my T3i was ;)

I think people just don't understand how to grade. Here is a hint: in FCPX there is a line in the vectorscope - this is your skin tone line. If you crop the image so only a piece of skin is showing, and move the highlight/midtone puck until the vectorscope is right on the line, then remove the crop and you've got a good starting point for your grade.

Proper white balance, proper exposure help too.

I find it strange to denigrate a product because you don't know how to use it properly...

I have no problem with the skin tones on my A7s and my friends and colleagues who are shooting with it also have no problem - or if they do, they deal with it. Funny that I have friends using A7s' as B or C cams and crash cams on TVCs, as well as A-cams and B-cams on docos and wildlife shows et al. and none of them have said to me how 'terrible' it is and how 'awful' the skin tones are and how 'useless' the camera is...

Seriously, I've not heard one person even mention the position of the record button being an issue, but if you looked online, you would think that one 'issue' is apparently so bad it's hardly worth buying the camera...

I find it strange to denigrate a product because you don't know how to use it properly...

I have no problem with the skin tones on my A7s and my friends and colleagues who are shooting with it also have no problem - or if they do, they deal with it. Funny that I have friends using A7s' as B or C cams and crash cams on TVCs, as well as A-cams and B-cams on docos and wildlife shows et al. and none of them have said to me how 'terrible' it is and how 'awful' the skin tones are and how 'useless' the camera is...

Seriously, I've not heard one person even mention the position of the record button being an issue, but if you looked online, you would think that one 'issue' is apparently so bad it's hardly worth buying the camera...

​I've found that those who profusely complain on forums are seldom actual pros who are out there working. Pros know how to work around problems (record button) or are skilled enough to avoid the problems that amateurs seem to get stuck up on (skin tone).