Movies 2012

FilmMan

[color=blue][b]Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter [/b] [/color]
I was very pleasantly surprised or should I say shocked!  Lot's of fun and entertaining.  Starts out as an A, turns into a B for a bit, then AAA.  Great ride if you like action flicks with a twisted story.  Reminded me of the Matrix, the Walking Dead, Blade and a Marvel comic book movie all combined.  It isn't for everyone but I liked it.  Details and the cinematography rank high.  I didn't go to the 3d version, but in this case probably should have. 

Other movies recently taken in:

Prometheus
Men in Black 3
Avengers
Snow White and the Huntsman
Hunger Games

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
I don't particularly like the films of Wes Anderson, but this doesn't mean anything. At least there is something about them to like more or less. Fantasy-killing fantasy-films like [i]Snowhite[/i] are the reason why cinema as a commercial art form is doomed.

The 16mm aspect is interesting. I saw a lot of films blown up from 16mm, transferred from DV to 35mm or simply as such shitty 35mm mass copies that they [i]looked[/i] like 16mm, and in no case did this weaken their impact nor their success at the box office. Content prevails over shiny surface. Let me say it with LOTR: The army of orks is beaten by those with faith and a pure heart. Don't let yourself be corrupted, all ye indie filmmakers!

[i]Prometheus[/i] starts in Germany only in 6 weeks. This is the only blockbuster I look forward to. Ridley Scott made some of the best examples for big budget films that really influenced the cinema. One always finds interesting stories in his films. Sometimes only by making an own summary. Do so for [i]1492[/i] or[i] Kingdom Of Heaven[/i], and you will see.

[quote author=Axel link=topic=900.msg6519#msg6519 date=1340690270]
I don't particularly like the films of Wes Anderson, but this doesn't mean anything. At least there is something about them to like more or less. Fantasy-killing fantasy-films like [i]Snowhite[/i] are the reason why cinema as a commercial art form is doomed.

The 16mm aspect is interesting. I saw a lot of films blown up from 16mm, transferred from DV to 35mm or simply as such shitty 35mm mass copies that they [i]looked[/i] like 16mm, and in no case did this weaken their impact nor their success at the box office. Content prevails over shiny surface. Let me say it with LOTR: The army of orks is beaten by those with faith and a pure heart. Don't let yourself be corrupted, all ye indie filmmakers!

[i]Prometheus[/i] starts in Germany only in 6 weeks. This is the only blockbuster I look forward to. Ridley Scott made some of the best examples for big budget films that really influenced the cinema. One always finds interesting stories in his films. Sometimes only by making an own summary. Do so for [i]1492[/i] or[i] Kingdom Of Heaven[/i], and you will see.
[/quote]

I'd lower your expectations for Prometheus.  A lot! 

Prometheus, in my opinion was good but left me not fully satisfied.  I can see MattH's point of view.  Very nice cinematography.  Could it have been better - yep!  Character development, and possible switch in parts or casting characters could have been better.  Out of the 4 of us who went to the movie it was a draw.  2 liked, 2 didn't. 

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
4 of us liked.  It was a surprisingly fun ride. 

Avengers
4 of us liked. 

Men in Black 3
4 liked but 2 had reservations

Snow White and the Huntsman
Liked the first half of the movie then started to daydream.  Snow White actress uninspiring.  Sorry.  2 liked and 2 indifferent.

Hunger Games
Was worried about the initial dizzy camera shots at first.  Came nicely together.  3 liked and 1 indifferent.

Everyone has likes and dislikes.  Not trying to mess with anyone with the above opinions.  I like all sorts of movies.  Fun to see if one can get lost into a different world for a few hours.