Rokinon 10mm f2.8 or 12mm f2.0?

Stab

I guess you need to learn more then.

As for me, I have the Olympus 12mm f2.0.  It's pretty great.

​Just watch out for that pump action focus thing, in manual mode it is still fly by wire and a significant number of people, including myself experience it focusing in steps in that mode and as nice and smooth as it feels, it is useless for video.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

​Just watch out for that pump action focus thing, in manual mode it is still fly by wire and a significant number of people, including myself experience it focusing in steps in that mode and as nice and smooth as it feels, it is useless for video.

​Haven't had that issue on my GX7, GM1, or EM5II.  It's not my run 'n gun lens though.  I usually use it for establishing shots and basic wides.  I've done manual focus through both ring positions and it's been smooth for me.

​I have the 12-40mm and the pump action clutch mf is perfect for video on that, it feels so much like a manual focus ring.

On the other hand, ive tried the 17mm f1.8, and when the ring is in the clutched pump action mode, it really lags and jumps, which the 12-40 really doesn't

​Haven't had that issue on my GX7, GM1, or EM5II.  It's not my run 'n gun lens though.  I usually use it for establishing shots and basic wides.  I've done manual focus through both ring positions and it's been smooth for me.

​I have the 12-40mm and the pump action clutch mf is perfect for video on that, it feels so much like a manual focus ring.

On the other hand, ive tried the 17mm f1.8, and when the ring is in the clutched pump action mode, it really lags and jumps, which the 12-40 really doesn't

​Yeah, I'm pretty sure there are two versions of the lens, I've seen plenty of others claim the same - wondering if there are two factories producing them or something? Either way, it is worth being careful, I can try to post a video in a week or so when I am back home showing what I am getting

Thanks JFR. First, would you mind editing your post and deleting the link that I've posted and you quoted? I just wanted to show it to you, not have it here online forever. Thank you very much. If people are interested in my work, they could visit my website http://www.cinematicwedding.nl .

The video you posted is indeed 'the next level'. Great looking footage, editing, grading, etc. But that is nowhere near 'run & gun' like we wedding filmers do. These shots are prepared and prepared well. They used lights, production design, etc. I'm sure most shots are done in multiple takes. This is more like a short film. Although I get your point, this isn't really a fair comparison.

When I bought my GH3 2 years ago, there wasn't an alternative that could shoot 1080p at 50 or 60 fps. There is now. Of course I will be upgrading along the way, but the camera is not my limiting factor at the moment. Neither in my creativity, nor in what my clients think of my films. Quite the opposite, they are often amazed by the 'clear image' and slowmo. Unfortunately, my business is not high enough ranked in Google yet to make enough money to constantly upgrade all my gear. As you understand, the camera is only one of the tools one needs to buy to make good films. 

And as much as I agree there are better camera's out there in terms of DR, colors and low light, the GH3 and GH4 are more than great alternatives. You are right that ISO 1600 is the maximum ISO one can use. We never go over it. But with a Speed Boosted f1.8 lens I've only once encountered a venue where it was slightly too dark and that was in the film that I posted here.

Anyway, will check out more work of Delivery Men. Cheers.

Wont let me edit original post, also I shot exclusively on GH1,2,3 and a little bit on 4 before I ditched it completely. I'm one of those "tough love" posters burt always with good intentions even if it comes off as very jagged......

In other news it looks like RED is going Full Frame

http://nofilmschool.com/2015/03/red-vista-vision-full-frame-35mm-sensor-weapon-camera

I simply can't go back to smaller size sensors anymore which is the reason for me posting in the first place. I may be one of the few on here, but I truly believe MFT format for video/film especially in situations where you cannot control light is simply one of the worst options you can have as a story teller. Do yourself a favor and go Aps-c and larger, the day you do you will silently thank me........

Peace

You have a speed booster, if you put the Sigma 18-35mm on it you get something close to 12mm, so I don't see the point of the 12mm f/2.0.

Also, the 10mm is a dslr design. They do sell it with m43 mount, but it's still the same lens, just with a 'built in' adapter. That does make it a nice tight fit, but wouldn't it be preferable to get a Canon/Nikon mount version and put it on your speed booster? Then you can use it as a 7.1mm f/2.0. Not sure about the optical qualities though, haven't used them myself.

edit: not sure if the 10mm will completely cover the GH3 sensor with a speed booster though, since it's an aps-c lens.

​APS-C lenses on a focal reducer do cover m4/3, so I'd be surprised if the 10mm doesn't work.

So I'd vote for the 10mm or possibly 16mm, on a RJ Lens Turbo. 

Though personally I'm quite happy with my Tokina 11-16mm on a RJ Lens Turbo :-)

I simply can't go back to smaller size sensors anymore which is the reason for me posting in the first place. I may be one of the few on here, but I truly believe MFT format for video/film especially in situations where you cannot control light is simply one of the worst options you can have as a story teller. Do yourself a favor and go Aps-c and larger, the day you do you will silently thank me........

​You can't just say "go APS-C", as there are many more factors to consider! For instance would moving to a 60D be an "upgrade" from his GH3/GH4? Oh hell no!

Also, where is the T0.95 for APS-C DSLRs? Doesn't exist! But it is very nice on my BMPCC/GH1 :-)

My intention for next wedding season is to go with mix of GH4/GH1 bodies (maybe one GH2 too, maybe even an AF100/AF200). A slim possibility I might go with NX1/NX500/NX300 instead, but it won't be for the ASP-C sized sensor. 

​Also, where is the T0.95 for APS-C DSLRs? Doesn't exist!

​Don't forget to apply the "crop factor" to the f number as well, the lens which will give you a similar fov and dof to a 10.5mm f0.95 is a 21mm f1.9 on full frame which absolutely does exist (f1.8) and faster (21mm summilux f1.4 - the equivalent of a 10.5mm f0.7 on m4/3) , as do speed boosters to bring them to APS-C. Not to take anything away from the voightlander, it is a fine looking piece of glass, but it certainly is not unique in it's characteristics.

Funny I ditched A7/5D2 for NX1/GH4 for wedding.. and don't miss the FF look, or "worse" low light performance, slowmo and aerial is the buzz lol.

For most client they don't really care about the stuff at we care. they just want good edited video with the right mood/atmosphere that show off their day.

For commercials they are much more picky, you can rent EPIC/FS7/C300 on the corner.