New Ultra Thin SmallHD monitor

AaronChicago

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think the game will change when camera/accessory companies are able to make wireless bluetooth type transmissions between devices with no cords. Not talking about Teradek but internal antennas. Also an iPad type battery that's inside a monitor that will run all day, with no need for external batteries. All of this in a slim design would be killer.

Even a 4.3" 800x480 DP4 costs $599. How much money do they make on these things?

I wish smartphones had video input options... I'm already walking around with a nice 5" 1080p screen...

The SmallHD 502 on-camera monitor features a Full HD, 1920x1080 LCD display. With a pixel density greater than the iPhone 6 similar to any 5" Android smartphone in the price range of $300-500 that has been released the last few years.

Such a shame they didn't make a competitor to the Shogun and Odyssey7Q...... I think in this day and age I need my monitors to double up as a field recorder as well. Even the Atomos Ninja Star can record to a CF Card and give you excellent quality vs in camera compression.

Honestly SmallHD imho are some of the worst non accurate monitors you can use.

Honestly SmallHD imho are some of the worst non accurate monitors you can use.

​Gotta agree. They're a nice focus/AC monitor and that's about it. I would never use one to judge colours, resolution and certainly would never let a Director see one. I've ACd for DPs and had to remind them that the image they see on the screen is not what's being recorded when they make a face at the monitor ('don't stress, your eyepiece is much more accurate').

Unfortunately for me, the O7/O7q is exactly what I want, except that it cannot record the 4k output of an A7s. The Shogun can, but doesn't seem to be anywhere near as fully featured as the O7/O7q...

Dilemma..

​Gotta agree. They're a nice focus/AC monitor and that's about it. I would never use one to judge colours, resolution and certainly would never let a Director see one. I've ACd for DPs and had to remind them that the image they see on the screen is not what's being recorded when they make a face at the monitor ('don't stress, your eyepiece is much more accurate').

Unfortunately for me, the O7/O7q is exactly what I want, except that it cannot record the 4k output of an A7s. The Shogun can, but doesn't seem to be anywhere near as fully featured as the O7/O7q...

Dilemma..

​I agree with you on the AC-7 monitors and lower. Those are pretty bad. The DP-7 OLEDs are really nice though. Great color and contrast. Scopes. LUTS. I love mine.

​I agree with you on the AC-7 monitors and lower. Those are pretty bad. The DP-7 OLEDs are really nice though. Great color and contrast. Scopes. LUTS. I love mine.

​Good to know. I kinda gave up with them for accurate colour rendition after the AC7 just didn't cut it. I've used TVLogic a bit, and they're quite colour accurate. I'll have to look more into the O7Q+