Music Performance shot on gh4 + voigtlander/nocticron

ectdog

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I shot this music performance video on my gh4 with 17.5mm voigtlander and 42.5mm nocticron. 

http://youtu.be/E4xMW5ZJow4

All I could see was this guy's nose, definitely unflattering......

Would have used a longer lens say an 85mm mixed with a wide 12mm and never shoot that close up with someone with that kind of nose, or at least frame it differently. Introducing a nice wide shot on a smooth dolly and an 85mm for your CU shots. I don't like the way the Voigtlander (42.5mm) looks way too sharp, especially combined with the brittle image of the GH4. Main reason why for Music Video 5D is still pretty much asked for time and time again.

All I could see was this guy's nose, definitely unflattering......

Would have used a longer lens say an 85mm mixed with a wide 12mm and never shoot that close up with someone with that kind of nose, or at least frame it differently. Introducing a nice wide shot on a smooth dolly and an 85mm for your CU shots. I don't like the way the Voigtlander (42.5mm) looks way too sharp, especially combined with the brittle image of the GH4. Main reason why for Music Video 5D is still pretty much asked for time and time again.

​What would be the benefit of shooting on a 85mm? Smaller nose in the CU? I agree.. the side shot of the piano is too much with the nose size. 

I used two lights with this setup with both lenses opened up at their fastest stop. ISO shot from 400-650 (ISO 800 for the slowmo shots at 72fps). Almost all of it was on a shoulder rig, except for the slider shot. 

I kept the OIS on for the nocticron, which eliminates any micro-jitter. I love the lens, i think it compliments the GH4. 

This was shot at 1080/100mpbs. I used the picture profile posted in the link below. 

http://www.supertone.dk/#!GH4-Optimal-Film-Setting-works-in-stills-too/c24o4/8E18836A-F271-4A14-AF0D-C575B9D5F4B6

Thanks for watching.