Speed Booster?

enny

Hi guys thanks for reply and help i got BMPCC ,Rokinon 14mm (39mm equiv.) T3.1 for  950 i think good deal question should i get speed boster for my yashica lense its a bit expensive but i cant find one for my lenses do they make speed boster for my lenses? and is there cheaper version of what speed booster does i really don't need electronic since my lenses are manual

Ps how big would my sensor size be with speedboster?

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

BMPCC-specific Speed Boosters have a magnification of 0.58x, and are only available in Canon-EF, Nikon-F, and Leica-R lens mounts.  You could mount Yashica lenses to the Canon-EF BMPCC Speed Booster via a EF-C/Y adapter ring.  Another possibility is to use the normal 0.71x m4/3 Speed Booster, which is available in a C/Y mount.  However, you lose the extra speed increase and focal length reduction you get with the BMPCC-specific version.  Also, the BMPCC version is optimized to work with the non-standard filter thickness of the BMPCC camera, which makes a difference if you are shooting with fast optics (e.g. f/1.4).

Guest Ebrahim Saadawi

So here you go you got an answer from the creator of the Speedbooster himself! Thanks Mr. Caldwell for taking the time to chime in our forums. Really appreciated.

Get a Pocket-Cinema Speedbooster in EF mount, then an adapter to but your yachica lenses to the EF mount. You get an effective 0.71x decrease on crop factor so your pocket camera will be around a 1.75x crop instead of 3x. In other words it will be slightly smaller than APS-C while without the SB it's s16. It's a must buy for the pocket camera. 

and keep away from cheap knock offs, we're talking about putting glass elements behind our expensive lenses in which we value optical quality, and the Metabones SB is the only one I'd trust to put behind my lenses, Mr Caldwell did a fantastic job making these optics without affecting optical quality of lenses, its magical.

I recommend RJ Lens Turbo, it costs a mere fraction of the Metabones standard 0.7x focal reducer. And yes, it comes in C/Y mount (or you could use a dumb EF, which they sell too). RJ Lens Turbo is what I use myself on my BMPCC (RJ Lens Turbo is really the only good Chinese alternative focal reducer for m4/3. as I'll agree all the others are rubbish! Except for Mitakon if you're looking for one for Sony E mount). 

Otherwise, splurge out and get the dedicated BMPCC Metabones speedbooster, but just remember you won't be able to use it on a GH4 (or GH5...) if you get one of those in the future. 

I recommend RJ Lens Turbo, it costs a mere fraction of the Metabones standard 0.7x focal reducer. And yes, it comes in C/Y mount (or you could use a dumb EF, which they sell too). RJ Lens Turbo is what I use myself on my BMPCC (RJ Lens Turbo is really the only good Chinese alternative focal reducer for m4/3. as I'll agree all the others are rubbish! Except for Mitakon if you're looking for one for Sony E mount). 

Otherwise, splurge out and get the dedicated BMPCC Metabones speedbooster, but just remember you won't be able to use it on a GH4 (or GH5...) if you get one of those in the future. 

​Thanks for that info but i cant find the dam think anywhere and what do you mean dumb ef

Thanks

I purchased it via Personal-View forum's. 
Dumb EF means it doesn't have electronic connectors. 

​How do you attach you booster to BMPCC i was told Pocket camera + RJ Lens Turbo + CY adapter then my yahsica lens. but is it canon to CY i mean wht is your mount on the booster?

Nikon F is most of my lenses, and the BMPCC is m4/3
Thus I use a Nikon F to m4/3

But you'd want C/Y to m4/3 (or possible a C/Y to EF then a EF to m4/3, and stack them together).

​so corrector me if i am wrong do i need m4/3 adapter to connect RJ Lens Turbo to BMPCC. IS back and front of RJ Lens Turbo m4/3

And basically i will need- BMPCC +RJ Lens Turbo where the back of it is m4/3 that will go in to camera without adapters then i will need m4/3 to C/Y for the front of the adapter to use my lenses.

Thanks for your help