Good taking lenses for Iscorama 54

premini

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I really like the Tokina 28-70mm 2.6 (which was recommended by Andy Lee in the lens thread). This fits perfect with the 54 and is the first and only zoom I am confident with an anamorphic and has none of the quirks most of all zooms have. It feels also parfocal although it is said to be it is not. But mine seems to be quite okay even for zooming. It produces a very nice image. But maybe it is not modern enough for your needs cause of it Angenieux desing... it is also very heavy!

I am not sure if this lens will work with your EF as it does with my GH4 with lensturbo for Nikon mount.

The Sigma 30mm F1.4 (old version) is a surprisingly good fit for the 54.

Very sharp at F2.

Flares up nicely.

Good physical fit too.

​How does it compare to the Samyang 35mm ?

Second hand they seems to be in the same price range.

The Sigma 30mm F1.4 (old version) is a surprisingly good fit for the 54.

Very sharp at F2.

Flares up nicely.

Good physical fit too.

​Thanks, can you use a 30mm lens with a S35 sensor with no vignetting?

What about the Sigma 35 1.4 ART? THats a good looking lens but i don't know how would it pair with the 54.

IMO, usually modern digital lens has the best sharpness, except flare, if you don't care.   Actually in most scene, no flare necessary.

​Sure, but as we always say, sometimes sharpness may render a sterile image, making your footage look more like a video than cinema. I just saw this short film and i love the look. So i think i will choose one of the lenses they used, with the exception of the Otus which is out of my reach..

https://vimeo.com/96149530