5 D Mark3 Black magic 2.5k or 5D Mark 2

enny

Guys  5 D Mark3 Black magic 2.5k or 5D Mark 2 for raw which one would you get. I am thinking BMCC 2.5 k I mean it is camera made for filming and it's not a hack like ml (still love ml) do you guys know if they fixed all the issues I have abut 2k to spend for cam b thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

IF you want 1080 RAW the pocket cinema camera is pretty much on par or better than the 5D's RAW video. Although I will add that the pocket is not really a very good camera. It overheats, breaks down for no reason, and has cost me 2 productions in the process. So I can't recommend it unless you like taking risks with faulty gear. 

I wouldn't waste even half a second considering Canon in 2015 for raw. Get a A7s / BMPCC / NX1 instead.

There is utterly no point to a BMCC EF when you could get a BMCC MFT instead, and unless you're pretty much boringly only recording on a tripod (and/or you already own all the heavier support grip gear for larger cinema cameras, and not the DSLR class) then I'd always pick a BMPCC over a BMCC MFT.

I wouldn't waste even half a second considering Canon in 2015 for raw. Get a A7s / BMPCC / NX1 instead.

There is utterly no point to a BMCC EF when you could get a BMCC MFT instead, and unless you're pretty much boringly only recording on a tripod (and/or you already own all the heavier support grip gear for larger cinema cameras, and not the DSLR class) then I'd always pick a BMPCC over a BMCC MFT.

I have set of yashica ml lenses ef or mft ? Thanks

A7S is the best indie camera right now: low light, decent color with a little work (lighting, WB, post), small manageable files, reliable, great lens options. Available used on ebay etc. for $2000 or less (even new / gray market? from Hong Kong, etc.).

It was a pretty simple decision for me when I faced the same choice a year and a half ago: the BMCC (both models) and BMPCC have problems with color moire. The 5D3 shooting raw does not.

Though at this point, I'd personally wait another month to see what is announced at NAB.

​what did you get

A7S is the best indie camera right now: low light, decent color with a little work (lighting, WB, post), small manageable files, reliable, great lens options. Available used on ebay etc. for $2000 or less (even new / gray market? from Hong Kong, etc.).

​to much rolling shutter for my taste 

​The 5D3, and a 256GB KomputerBay CF card. I'm pretty happy with this setup. I only wish that the camera had an articulating screen (but the BlackMagic cameras don't have one either).

​are you using Magic L ? whats the highest resolution you get go with continuous recording

Thanks

So black Magic cameras after all that time work and hype they still have problems man you would think that they would sit down take 4k and fix all those issues and add more options i was hopping its like they come up with good idea and stop half the way and once in a while when interest kicks in they release the update. I would jump all over this cam if they actually did this but i cant trust them

I sold my 5DIII but miss it greatly. The colour is just beautiful.

I have a BMPCC and it is pretty good, but I have to spend more time grading to get it looking as good as the 5DIII raw. I also think the sensor crop mode is a great bonus with ML. Means I could take out the 24-70mm lens and have an amazing reach.

I sold my 5DIII but miss it greatly. The colour is just beautiful.

I have a BMPCC and it is pretty good, but I have to spend more time grading to get it looking as good as the 5DIII raw. I also think the sensor crop mode is a great bonus with ML. Means I could take out the 24-70mm lens and have an amazing reach.

​are you hawing any issues or problems like that black sun spot and what iso can you chose from