NX1 EVF videorecording problems

feanorfinwe

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

in videorecording (firmware v1.22):

• i can't switch display/EVF
  • i don't see AF area indicator in EVF
  • i can't use SAF in EVF

Please help, are there some settings for it? Thank you.

​I have 1.2.2

With the display/EVF, are you talking about the EVF button not switching between the LCD and EVF?  If so mine works fine. I definitely have the AF indicator and SAF works fine as well .

​I have 1.2.2

With the display/EVF, are you talking about the EVF button not switching between the LCD and EVF?  If so mine works fine. I definitely have the AF indicator and SAF works fine as well .

​Do you also have the Af indicator and the possibility to switch bewteen the LCD and EVF during video recording ?

For me, the evf button is totally disabled both during recording AND during video standby. If you want to change that, you have to be in still capture mode.

If there is a way to have it working during video, please let us know.

​It's the same for me, that's what I thought.
I think Brian Luce and The Chris can switch Display/EVF only in still mode and not during video recording.

I misunderstood what the OP was asking, I didn't realize it was while recording, not just in video mode. Then no I can't change while recording. Its locked in when you hit record. 

Slightly OT, I assigned video standby mode to the preview button on the front to make it easier to jump into video mode when shooting from the EVF. Its now easier to move between stills and video for me.

No problem, I have never used the preview button either, it sits right under my ring finger when holding the NX1, its really convenient for a useful function.

I agree, you should be able to use SAF while recording. I haven't found a back-button AF function like I have with the 5d3 outside of the touchscreen. Still working my way through the manual and learning the functions of the NX1.

Not to derail this, but regarding EVF/display, I'm trying to do a night lapse of the stars over the weekend in the desert so I want to completely turn off the display to save battery. So i turned quickview off, auto display off to 30 secs (lowest) and power save to 1 min (lowest). Then I hit the EVF button to switch from display to viewfinder only. However, after all that,  when I actually start the interval capture (shutter 20 secs, 5 sec interval to test) it turns on the display for a popup saying "capturing, keep camera steady" on every shot, then it keeps turning on the display in full color to show the interval countdown. Is there any way to do what I want it to? It's kind of a waste of battery the way it is. 

• 2 months later...

Is there any way around this? I'd really like to keep recording and use use SAF to lock focus on what I want and keep it there and not have the camera continually readjust focus. I realise you can use the touch screen to engage SAF, but any way to do this using the shutter button ... especially when using the EVF on a bright day? Cheers.