good afordable 1080p?

jagnje

If you like lens with vintage look, you will have an great choice in Nikon mount. For Nikon brand and a multitude of other lenses manufacturers and the advantage is that at least you know that it will fit on nearly every other camera up to full frame and you can have many of the old one for very cheap.

Another thing that is never put in front is colour, colour, colour . As a photographer and big part doing wedding where skin tone and humans beings are very important, I would never touch my hands on a Sony for example. You will see endless thread on the A7s colour on every forum on this planet. People are discussing as if you need to have a master in colour science to be able to get usable result. I prefer to have a very good base and work on it. Not using all my time tweaking just to get acceptable result.

Another thing that the Nikons are good is cadence. Strangely every 24p are not born equal, some camera mostly brands tend to look videoi. It might look stupid what I am saying but I was very interested in Sony Fs700 some time ago, but except for the slowmo shots it look like video in 24p, colours where also horrible with the green magenta bias.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you're looking  for the sweet spot of dirt cheap but great 1080p, get the Sony A5100.(I picked up mine like new for just US$310)

Has a bit better than stock 5Dmk3 quality, but also has FHD 60fps. 

Otherwise wait for reviews of the NX500 to roll in. 

Or if you're very patient, wait for Sony A7000? It might get announced at NAB. 

If you're looking  for the sweet spot of dirt cheap but great 1080p, get the Sony A5100.(I picked up mine like new for just US$310)

Has a bit better than stock 5Dmk3 quality, but also has FHD 60fps. 

​I second this.  I snagged mine used on amazon for about $300+ as well, and IQ wise, it's the best money on a camera body I have probably spend if thinking in practical terms.  Great codec, great picture, workable low-light an dynamic range. Couple that with the speedbooster I placed on the mount, and you have a near-full-frame camera that's an excellent B-cam for the a7s (if not a worthy A-cam on it's own).

I have to say, after picking up the Nikon D810 and D750 (I'm primarily a stills guy) I couldn't be happier with the video I'm getting out of them. Especially the D810. Sharp 1080p 60 FPS footage that grades surprisingly well. Haven't spent too much time with the D750 in comparison, but it seems to have a comparable image. 

A friend has a d5300 and has sent me some raw footage, so I can see hoh it grades and sharpens up in post...DR is amazing and and it sharpens up nicely in davinci. The only thing that bugs me right now as I said is that I cant use the mir24 and helios44, two of my favorite lenses.

​You can get the Mir 24n and Helios 44 in nikon mount, or you can do an exchange them online with someone willing to switch mount types.