nx500 4k crop mode

Marco Tecno

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Here is the manual of nx500:

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201503/20150313082358453/NX500_English.pdf

- no pro setting for video

- max 40mb/sec bitrate

- 120fps in 720p (not in 1080p)

- no advanced video settings (gamma, mbl, ...)

​I believe it will eventually get all those thing (Probably not the slow motion)  in future firmware updates. The NX1 base firmware was exactly the same but they fixed it with updates. I'm positive they'll load a new firmware onto the NX500 as well. 

I doubt they'll update it consistently. The three digits nxs have always been quitquite far from the top, specs wise. Even when the hw was similar (nx300 never got the remote evf pro feature, even if it had the same processor as the nx30).

P.s. I also noticed that they mention that focus peaking is disabled in 4k and uhd, on nx500.

If that is true, the NX500 is a complete write off for me :-( Such a pity, had high hopes this could be "the one".

After how Samsung wasn't holding back with the NX1 I was kinda expecting Samsung wouldn't be indulging in these games of crippling lower end products. 

Even with the limitations it stills seems like a great deal. It's only €749, including a lens!
Cheapest 4K camera on the market, and everybody expects it to have all the high end features...

​A lot of cheaper cameras have focus peaking. The 4k crop could be understandable because of processing / heat issues / market segmentation, but no peaking in 4k s a very BIG flaw.

​A lot of cheaper cameras have focus peaking. The 4k crop could be understandable because of processing / heat issues / market segmentation, but no peaking in 4k s a very BIG flaw.

​Have you shot with the NX1?  i find that using a finder on the back screen same as the NX500 has i never need focus pealing to get good focus. In fact when i do turn it on it is more in the way they anything. The back screen is very clear and easy to focus with. I use a 3x finder on the back.

​Have you shot with the NX1?  i find that using a finder on the back screen same as the NX500 has i never need focus pealing to get good focus. In fact when i do turn it on it is more in the way they anything. The back screen is very clear and easy to focus with. I use a 3x finder on the back.

​Never used the NX1, but I use peaking in my Panasonics. For fixed shots (where I don't change de focal distance I think that the enlarged view is ok - even preferred), but when I have to change focus while filming, pressing a button to bring the enlarged view (if you are working with non-native lenses) could introduce some shaking in the camera; I got better results with peaking.