NX1?

Micah Mahaffey

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Why doesn't the NX1 shoot raw video? Seems like if Nikon, Samsung, or Olympus added this they'd get a ton of business overnight and be on the map for videographers.

​Because we are a tiny, tiny part of their target market. Unfortunately, these big companies have to be cautious so that they don't have thousands of customer service calls per day about why their new camera doesn't record raw to their 10 year old SD cards.

Hopefully the API will open up these sort of pro features though.

Yes! If there isn't any actual H.265 files to download Id even settle for the straight pro res converted files. I just don't wanna see it after vimeo or YouTube compression. 

​Some UHD (3840x2160) & C4K(4096x2160) NX1 H265 (camera original) samples here for download:

http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2014/11/19/samsung-nx1-4k-video-samples-and-new-full-res-frame-grabs-available-for-do

Contrast is a bit fierce (should be possible to adjust on camera, particularly with the later firmware) but you can get a good idea of just how detailed the NX1 images are.

Most players can't handle these video files but I have no problem playing back smoothly using Daum PotPlayer ...weird name (but free!) and, by far, the best video player I've ever tried (Windows only ...sorry I can't help any MAC people).

https://potplayer.daum.net/