NX1 and Color Grading

Ed_David

Thanks Andrew!

That means a lot.  Also it shows your maturity and character how you can forgive them for how they are.

But it still doesn't really give them the right to delete or end a thread because it talks about a product negatively.  Which is something reduser has done time and time again seen with Jim Jannard's personal harassment of Geoff Boyle who runs CML, a serious DP scientific test forum and website.  Which has done amazing things for global cinematography.

I understand that deleting posts needs to happen if the poster is abusive emotionally or violently towards anyone else - which they should have done when they started character assassinating you.   No matter what you said or did, it doesn't give them the right to do this.

But at the end of the day, we need free speech where we can say "I don't like camera B or I don't like forum B."  And their attack of my posts was more emotional because I stated that I don't think reduser.net is good for filmmaking - which is a valid topic to discuss.  How Red cameas are really good cameras, but reduser is probably not the best thing for their company to associate with.  That's all I said.  You can read what I said in this thread.

At the end of the day, it's all pretty nerdy stuff.  But I really don't like how they treated you on that thread.  They bullied you emotionally.  You are a person - you are a private person.  You do not deserved to see your name called out like that.  You don't run a company.   You're just a cinematographer with a website.

Jim Jinnard and Jarrod Land - do they deserve it?  Yes, because they are bullies.  You never bullied anyone.  Jim Jinnard did call Geoff Boyle a "cunt" many times in emails and Art Adams does a great article about it all - http://provideocoalition.com/aadams/story/when-a-camera-manufacturer-hates-me

Maybe I'm a vengeful person, but I won't stand for a company and band of bros that take down Art Adams or Geoff Boyle or you.  I won't stand for a billionare bully to call out DPs and create a cult-like website that does the same to other people who question him and his camera company.  

Because at the end of the day, I wish Red cameras the best.   Their product is damn good.   I own two of them.  

I wish the Red Weapon can survive the Arri Alexa Mini and cheaper more affordable cameras.  The Red One MX has treated me extremely well - whatever existed to create that, I wish the Red Weapon can come in and fix the flaws of the Red Epic MX and Red Epic Dragon and make a camera with less fan issues.  With better sensativitiy.  With more hd-sdi connectors and better connection placement and better slo motion cadence.  I wish their camera improves.  

They definitely changed the whole industry, for better and for worse.  And now I wish they can move forward, for better, instead of falling into their old traps of not separating their products from their noise.  With Jannard's recent Weapon post and the title of their new camera - WEAPON - it seems that they may have learned nothing.  And that's sad.  Well not that sad.  I am psyched about the KINERAW 6k!  Maybe that's the next Red killer.

Shame for them to lose you Ed. You're a great contributor wherever you happen to be posting. I'm enjoying your blog too, it's thought provoking.

As for DVXUser i've seen both sides of the coin now. I didn't see eye to eye with them when I was a user. Now I'm a forum admin myself here, I can see what a challenge it is. It's a bit like running a kitchen at a restaurant but instead of the odd one-time customer or tourist turning up and hurling abuse through the kitchen door, the regulars feel they can do it too, whilst continuing to come back for soup the next day.

It's a tricky one. In the end, we must try to respect the censorship / editorial decision of the admins.

• 3 months later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

The EOSHD Forum for discussion of all things DSLR video and DSLR filmmaking

Do hope you consider this a filmmaking board and not a camera one. :o You help and inspire people. And hey, sometimes you have an edgy opinion/look on things. Keeps things interesting when we're not all the same and perhaps we can enlighten others with our side of the story or better yet, enlighten ourselves by listening to that of others. We're all adults here. I think this place if full of healthy discussions... but that's lost if people are being molded and equipped with a pre-calibrated (or tinkered with) moral compass and can't openly speak unless it follows strict guidelines. That's just censorship. I hope you don't consider this such a place.

Even that one guy a few months ago was begging to just please remove his account already. But there was little willingness to go along with such kind of censorship from the site's side.

Damn revisiting this all - I need to take a fricking break from online forums. 

Sorry guys for all this.

I am putting myself on a self-imposed camera board ban of 6 months starting now.

i did the same a couple years ago. was good for me. even made a feature film in that time. see you in six months!

• Super Members

​You needed to bump this thread to state you need to take a break from online forums? That's hilarious, you are the most attention seeking a-hole there ever was. This whole thread is stupid and I am now dumber for reading it.

Dude, you bumped this thread just to show you didn't care for what a guy did on the Internet? That's hilarious, you are the most attention seeking a-hole there ever was. This whole post is stupid and I am now dumber for reading it.

Now someone can write the same to me :)