The Watermill, GH2

kirk

Flour-covered interior shots from a still working watermill i Sweden. The real thing, not a museum.

My GH2 was pressed to the limit in the high contrast environment, only lit from small, dirty windows..

http://vimeo.com/44530426

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Very well shot, but a little amateur when it comes to composition of the piece.

-First of all I think it was a little long, i got past 2 minutes and then became bored.

+I really liked the folly sounds of the building running, glad you kept that running over the entire video

-Do your slider both ways, get two directions of every shot, that way you can pick and choose which ones you want later. after getting halfway through, 99% of the sliding shots slid to the right.

Looked great though!  :)

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='christianhubbard' timestamp='1340724733' post='13149']
Very well shot, but a little amateur when it comes to composition of the piece.

-First of all I think it was a little long, i got past 2 minutes and then became bored.

+I really liked the folly sounds of the building running, glad you kept that running over the entire video

-Do your slider both ways, get two directions of every shot, that way you can pick and choose which ones you want later. after getting halfway through, 99% of the sliding shots slid to the right.

Looked great though! :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the comments Christian!

I AM an amateur... still learning ^_^

Length is a matter of taste (and age)... this video is all about an age-old, tranquil place, and I 'd hate to rush anything. So if modern, restless youngsters get bored, so be it.

I always run the slider both ways when shooting... there are 4 left, 13 right and 10 still shots.... Did you know that studies show most western people prefer camera moving to the right, the way we read? I chose an overweight of rights after trying more varied, as it somehow made the video calmer (again not for the restless :blink: )

I'll use this opportunity to express my joy of working with the GH2. There was very, very little light coming through the floury windows, no interior lighting... The shots were made with an unhacked GH2! Amazing piece of hardware...