Samsung NX1 Firmware 1.22 get it now!

Steve M.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

how specifically does samsung fix the AGC issue? does it allow you to turn it off or does it just not produce interference anymore? the rate at which they're upgrading and supporting this camera really makes me want to pull the trigger, but with spring around the corner I expect sony to be releasing some new bodies and I'm interested in what they have in store. If sony offers something with IBIS and 1080/120fps I'm game, if not the NX1 will be my downgrade from my FS700R

I noticed another bug.

I usually set my auto ISO limit at 3200.

I just noticed that during video ISO goes all the way up to 5000...

This is with latest fw (1.22). Anybody noticed this? Is Auto ISO limit onlyonly used for stills?

Thanks.

I really wouldn't deem that as a bug, more like a tick. You just have to watch what ISO you're shooting at, which I personally always set manually.

Man, if we're down to AGC and auto-ISO as the last bugs to kill? I'm in.

I've submitted a lot of invoices for projects with some or all DSLR footage - never once relied on in-camera audio for anything other than synch, and never relied on auto-anything. (But DSLR has never cut it for event shooting or run & gun for me... gimme a broadcast-style camera, I get out the DSLR for more planned methodical work). Really digging what Samsung is doing... seems like "LISTENING" is something they're into.

Man, if we're down to AGC and auto-ISO as the last bugs to kill? I'm in.

I've submitted a lot of invoices for projects with some or all DSLR footage - never once relied on in-camera audio for anything other than synch, and never relied on auto-anything. (But DSLR has never cut it for event shooting or run & gun for me... gimme a broadcast-style camera, I get out the DSLR for more planned methodical work). Really digging what Samsung is doing... seems like "LISTENING" is something they're into.

Samsung has dealt with most of the bugs, but the camera still has what I would call Quirks. Pretty much everything that needed to be dealt with has been, now it's just a matter of fine tuning.

A recent rumor indicates that Samsung will implement a 4K crop mode (which should result in a faster readout speed & less rolling shutter) with the next Firmware update. 

Also, the NX500 seems to have a 240fps option. There's a picture floating around that clearly shows 240fps as an 1080p option in the NX500 menu.